News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R13/W02: 06-15-2011 Verizon Wireless Ampitheater at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA

Started by sophist, October 17, 2011, 02:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 18, 2011, 06:48:49 PM
The embodiment of everything that I hate about current Phish....nothing happening at all.
Halfway through this one (that was a good Timber?  :|) and I'm so fucking bored.
I think the Timber is worth noting not because of the playing, in fact, it is quite mediocre, but why it is worth pointing out is the simple fact the band awoke during it long enough to try to play the room.  They didn't succeed.  As I've said all along, I'm more moved by them trying and failing (Raleigh '03) than what happens 95% of this show, which is not trying and not succeeding.   That's been my contention all along, and I know we agree on this.  It is why I have come to have disdain for the current incarnation that is Phish as well. 

Quote from: MiamiPhish on October 19, 2011, 07:58:52 AM
I got real wet during this one.  And not in a good way.
Right.  I left that show looking like I had jumped in a pool with all my clothes on.  The "music" only added insult to injury.  It was one of the most quite car rides home I have ever had.

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Lifeboy

Quote from: sophist on October 19, 2011, 09:12:01 AM
Right.  I left that show looking like I had jumped in a pool with all my clothes on.  The "music" only added insult to injury.  It was one of the most quite car rides home I have ever had.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

MiamiPhish

I didn't stay around to see set II.  I was disappointed at the time, albeit slightly, and relieved (but still slightly disappointed) to see that they didn't rage it for those who stuck it out.

sophist

Quote from: MiamiPhish on October 19, 2011, 09:52:14 AM
I didn't stay around to see set II.  I was disappointed at the time, albeit slightly, and relieved (but still slightly disappointed) to see that they didn't rage it for those who stuck it out.
I ended up walking out as Character Zero started.  It was the first time I ever walked out of a Phish show because of disgust. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

kellerb

Quote from: MiamiPhish on October 19, 2011, 07:58:52 AM
I got real wet during this one.  And not in a good way.

Again with the comparing turds. 

Splashback's a bitch

Lifeboy

Quote from: sophist on October 19, 2011, 09:57:48 AM
I ended up walking out as Character Zero started.  It was the first time I ever walked out of a Phish show because of disgust.

Have you ever walked out of a show because of another reason?
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

DoW

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 19, 2011, 11:36:15 AM

yeah, when they were done playing and security makes you leave.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Lifeboy

Quote from: bvaz on October 19, 2011, 11:40:16 AM

yeah, when they were done playing and security makes you leave.

I wouldn't know. I've always been carried out, either forcefully or because I'm out cold.

qop24

dunno about sophist but i've left several times during encores to beat traffic, I'm sure many on here have too. Loving cup and GTBT are fun and all....but not worth the parking lot exit fiasco
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

sophist

Quote from: qop24 on October 19, 2011, 12:17:11 PM
dunno about sophist but i've left several times during encores to beat traffic, I'm sure many on here have too. Loving cup and GTBT are fun and all....but not worth the parking lot exit fiasco
This. 

If I needed to drive through the night to get somewhere, that's when I usually leave, the first few notes of the encore. 

Lifeboy

Quote from: qop24 on October 19, 2011, 12:17:11 PM

I've done that more times than I can count. I left towards then end of Julius @ Dicks2. I looked at my buddy and "said cavern next and sleeping monkey>tweeprise encore. lets bounce" we laid on the grass right outside the venue and listened to the antelope and started walking during encore break. there was no doubt in my mind that monkey>tweeprise was coming. I usually always leave, or walk to the exit at encore break.

rowjimmy

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Lifeboy

Quote from: bvaz on October 19, 2011, 12:29:41 PM
I've shut down free and pay per view streams early on 3.0 shows.

Same here. I've done it with a few, and closed it during the Essex show, but I realized I had nothing better to do.

McGrupp

:lol:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?