News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

a short note of praise

Started by Itsnotanexperience, April 21, 2005, 11:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsnotanexperience

hey - i was sittin' here tonight, trying to figure out what to put on, and found
myself lookin' at everybody's favorite versions of this/that track, fav shows, etc....
and even though i don't neccessarily agree w/ everybody's opions on stuff, i totally
RESPECT everybody's opinion, and find myself using the board as great reference points
much like the phish companion.......it's just cool as hell to have a little community w/ real
life folks who have such great stories.......

mattstick

Agreed!

There are so many other boards out there that get bogged down with negative - I think we've got a good thing going here...

btw - is that a Reason rack in your avatar?  I've been looking at it for a while and wondering...

Itsnotanexperience

it certainly is......gettin' ready to upgrade to 3.0 pretty soon, actually.......
do you reason as well?

good point - the flame factor is so low here, if it exists at all.......

mattstick

At the studio I work in we actually make sample libraries with reason kits and patches, etc...

It's great for producing dance music - I focus more on the mix/master side of audio engineering and I do my primary drum programming with Cubase and Battery 2.0, along with Acid or whatever Sony is calling it now.

Itsnotanexperience

really?   that's awesome - let me ask you this - would you care
to check out my demo and consider mastering it?   and, would your
studio have any interest in some guitar samples?

i use reason strictly for dance productions....it's perfect for that and
always has been..........

wookme

im not negetive.......... fuck.........

:mrgreen:

jedifunk

way to add something to the discussion wookme ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

i know i've been mostly absent from this board but i'd just like to thank everyone who is a member here.  this place wouldn't be much without all you guys who keep the spirit of the music alive by sharing not just your seeds but your stories as well.  the community that has grown around this board astounds me, and i'm thrilled to be a part of it.  

now, if only our hosting company accepted server payments in the form of karma...  

/back to the labs...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

guyforget

Alot of music has been spread as a result of this site, and for that Im proud.  Im even more proud of the server team who selflessly donate time and a good bit of money to keeping this project alive.  We also owe shoutouts to the #week4paug crews of past and present, and of course FurthurNET.
-AD_

cleech74

Yes, thanks indeed for this little community!  I like how everyone's opinion is considered, and the flaming is kept to a minimum.  I've also enjoyed taking my own listening/enjoyment level of the music, that this site directs us to.  Like to think it's a link to the "pulse" of what's good in this particular scene... Just my 2cents.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

jedifunk

i agree whole-heartily!

i am very thankful/grateful for all the great insight & suggestions i have received that have ulitmately allowed me to further grow my appreciation for my favorite band (i never thought that was gonna be possible).  not only have i found a new appreciation, but i've also been fortunate to collect a great many 'new' shows that i would have otherwise have considered 'irrelevant'.

particularly in regards to some of the older material.  with all the great projects we've done/are doing, i've not only been able to fill the gaps of shows i attended (i now have 97.5% of all shows i was at), but i've gotten a TON of shows that i would have almost never considered.

before i started coming here, i had the mindset that i couldnt enjoy or appreciate shows that i wasnt at.  i always felt that that connection i made with the band & music at shows i was at was what always drew me to listen only to them.  as it turns out thats not the case.... simply put, there are too many damn good shows out there not to listen to them and enjoy them!

thanks to the server team for not only their time and effort in keeping this site up, but for their financial contributions, as obviously without that there would be no week4paug.  also thanks to everyone that comes here to share their time, stories, and suggestions.  i am truly astounded by our wonderful little community!  keep it up.

mad respect!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

i like that most people here have seen a ton of shows and have been on tours, yet still treat the newbies with respect.i am relatively new to the site, but been around the scene.even when someone asks jedi when if the can pleeeease seed 8-6-98, he just lets em' know that there is a project going on and that it will eventually be thier's.same for duggy and proj 95.thanks to all for helping me beef up my collection like a rediculous freak.
also, i think it is cool communicating with you guys all over the country (mopper in amsterdam).it's kinda like running in to all the same tour kids at shows,in a way.we keep it respectful, because, bottom line, phish is the reason we do keep in touch.
thanks again and thanks for all.august.

mikesgroovin56

this is by far the most civilized and constructive bord i have ever posted on.  I agree in the sense that i respect all opinions here, even if i disagree.

PIE-GUY

Bump - because this board really is the greatest.

Everyone listen to RJ's new Brokedown Podcast episode tomorrow and hear the promo he did for Love Hope Strength. I cannot thank you enough, RJ. Beers are on me next time we're in the same room.

Also, the quote below is greatest thing I've stumbled on in years!!

Quote from: August on April 24, 2005, 11:56:27 AM
i like that most people here have seen a ton of shows and have been on tours, yet still treat the newbies with respect.i am relatively new to the site, but been around the scene.even when someone asks jedi when if the can pleeeease seed 8-6-98, he just lets em' know that there is a project going on and that it will eventually be thier's.same for duggy and proj 95.thanks to all for helping me beef up my collection like a rediculous freak.
also, i think it is cool communicating with you guys all over the country (mopper in amsterdam).it's kinda like running in to all the same tour kids at shows,in a way.we keep it respectful, because, bottom line, phish is the reason we do keep in touch.
thanks again and thanks for all.august.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for bumping this PG. Aug doesn't post as much as he used to but I credit him and others here for helping beef up my record collection and getting me back into vinyl. The meet ups, the kick downs, the trades, this place is far and away my favorite place on the interwebz.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.