News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Where'd everybody go?

Started by jedifunk, February 01, 2005, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

SSIA

seems like the forums have been a little low in attendance lately... what did everyone suddenly get real lives or something? :wink:

lets get some lively discussion going 'round here.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

wolffman

Hey Jedifunk-

Thanks for helping with all the posts on bt.etree!  You and guyforget and ucusty, and many others do us all good!  Excellent karma for all you.  

TO start a "conversation":

I was wondering what everybody does besides their "phish" life?  I am a physical therapist in Vail, CO and love the mountains!  I toured with phish for 10 years while going to college, physical therapy school, and beyond.  65+ shows, stopped counting.  I am also a taper.  I was wondering how many other posters here are tapers.  I remember seeing some summer '04 uploads from ucusty, wasn't sure if he taped or not.  We have an organized tapers upload website in CO, some of you may have seen it (cotapers.org)

Anyway, blah, blah, blah.  Just curious about everybodu who loves phish!!!

Can I get a "whoop-whoop" from the crowd over there?

wolffman's bro

jedifunk

word...

not a taper, always wanted to be though, as i have the required anal mentality.  just never had the cash to invest in the equipment.

as for my "outside" life, i live in minneapolis, and work for a small company as their Mac IT guru/graphic designer.

i did tour for 4 years, and saw 175 over a 9 year period.  thats about it...well not really.

the best part of my life are my wife, son and dog.  my son is coming up on 2 years, and is the most amazing thing ever in my life.

now thats about it ;)
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I always had ideas for taping (surround sound setup) and wished I could do that but money was a problem.  I toured heavily for what I still think are the best 2 years of phish 97-8 and saw a lot in 99 (49 lifetime, 1994 to hiatus and only a few post-hiatus shows).  I got married in 2000, had a son, Jackson, in 2002, getting ready to have a daughter in a couple months (done with kids now, I'll be 29 later this year).  I'm an electrical engineer but have aspirations to be a coder.  I built a visual basic homebrew program that is somewhat a clone of a commercial one called ProMash.  I will be porting it to the mac because brewing progs as good as promash(althought fairly simple) aren't available on the "better" OS.  I consider myself mac-saavy and not too bad on a pc either.  I do all my own home maintenance and repairs, painting, etc.  I try not to pay for anything I can do myself (which I claim is pretty much anything).  Bought my first house in 2001 and moved into my current home in mid 2004.  I am a self-proclaimed Jack of all trades, master of some.  I was on the golf team in high school and lightly competed in freestyle skiing in high school and college (went to Montana State) where I have one first-place medal.  I wish I could ski that much now.  Grew up in the Chicago burbs and am back there now.  I also, brew beer (as if making a program for it doesn't give that away).  It is easy, everyone should try it.  Finally, I play in a cheezy band.  Every day at lunch, I go out to my car and push the seats forward, sit in the back, and jam on the acoustic.  I create music there and in Garageband which is becoming more amazing every time I use it.  I like music.  I plan on taking piano lessons with my son possibly this summer, if not, next because I am self-taught on guitar and have no theory.

Anywho, that's a lot of what I have done and like to do, where I've been, etc, thought I'd be thourough.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

guyforget

Ah, life outside of Phish...  I never minded it too much, but then again I always knew Id be going back at some point.  No more cushion like that...  

Until Phish quit I was a transient student.  Ive been to 4 Colleges/Universities.  I have had majors ranging from IT to English.  I always held jobs in the restaurant business working in kitchens as a cook or whatever.  A friend opened up a place of his own last year and his chef offered me the opportunity to study under him and to eventually become a chef myself.  Right now Im what youd call a sous-chef as I am the second in command in our kitchen.  We have a staff of 3 - 4 other cooks and several prep people.  I work hard, long, and often.  I wear a chef's coat but not the hat so stop trying to picture me in one.  

And now that y'all have read my personal; whos ready for a date?!?  :P  :lol:  :wink:  :roll:
-AD_

wolffman

guyforget-

no dates from me, I like women!   :D

speaking of, how many women are on this site?

nice to see some comments above.  I think that's part of what made phish so amazing, all of us who followed them!  It's fun to see how diverse and different everyone is, but that we all have things in common, esp phish!

anyway, glad to be a part of the community.

wolff

wolffman

i guess I shouldn't assume you are male right away, hard to tell with computers!

say, how do yall get those awesome pictures under your name.  There are some pretty amazing light show/tapers section shots I have and I want to add a picture to my name...

thanks, wolff

guyforget

I dont know if we have any female members or not...  ???

I dont think my girlfriend wanted me dating anyway, wolffman.  ;)
-AD_

jedifunk

go into your profile and in the section for "avatar" click on choose file.  browse your HD for the pic you want and click on choose.

a note however...you will need to resize your pic most likely to fit the requirments (needs to be small enough to not eat up everyone's bandwidth).  it gives pixel dimension & size requirments in the profile section.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio