News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Season of Louie

Started by Multibeast12, June 23, 2011, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

I lol'd when I received and read that e-mail on the train last night.
I will buy the new special just as I bought the previous special.

mistercharlie

Yeah, I always give Louie money every chance I get. I even bought his movie, Tomorrow Night, even though I haven't watched it yet (I should really find the time to watch it).
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

I guess I missed him hosting SNL awhile back. The monologue is hilarious, if you haven't seen it.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

So, anyone else think this is all much ado about nothing?
He asked some women if he could jerk off in front of them.  Ok, weird to some, a tuesday night to others, certainly not criminal.
Two chicks didn't say no, but rather laughed through it, not leaving.  One chick said no, so he turned red and left.  Another one agreed multiple times.  Never threatened anyone, never forced anyone.

They guy is ruined now?  Fuck that.  I'm gonna watch some Louie tonight.

emay

Yeah it's strange why those claims got so much attention. Same with Andy dick, didn't he get famous by groping dudes and animals as comedy

mistercharlie

The wife and I have been going back and forth for two days now about it. Sure, it's kinda perverted and weird, but that's always who Louis portrayed himself to be in everything he's ever done. His manager sounds like a total dick douche though. Louis is just the same old Louis I've watched for years. The wife was saying he's a 'Sexual Predator' and I have to completely disagree. Cosby was a predator, Winestein, Spacey, Trump, all predators. Louis is just a kinda perverted, but nice about it, guy.

Buffalo Budd

I agree and so does my wife. Sure the women agreed out of their admiration for the guy but think about the crazy shit groupies did for the Stones and Zeppelin (among other bands) back in the 60s - 80s.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

:shakehead:

Sexual harassment is sexual harassment. Louis was working with these women. They were not groupies. They were comedians. He "asked" if he could enact his sad little perversion for them because that's how he lied to himself about why it was okay. They did not say yes. In any case, what they answered is irrelevant. The moment a person who can affect your employment "asks" you for something sexual, you've been put in an impossible position. Either you go along with something sexual you don't want, or you face the repercussions. Such as, after relating the sick story to your friends, the most powerful manager in comedy tells you never to speak of what happened. Whether he or not he actually says "or else," "or else" is implied. Suddenly your career is at stake.

Anyone who's ever watched anything Louis has done knows he's a man with a lot of fucked up issues. So it's not like this is a surprise. But that's not an excuse for what he did.

Obviously this doesn't rise to the level of Weinstein, a serial rapist, or Spacey, a serial diddler of underage boys, but it's still an example of how powerful men can use women however they want and not face any consequences. Of how, in fact, the women who have been used are the ones who face the negative consequences. How fucked up a world is that?

VA $l!m

Quote from: cactusfan on November 11, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
:shakehead:

Sexual harassment is sexual harassment. Louis was working with these women. They were not groupies. They were comedians. He "asked" if he could enact his sad little perversion for them because that's how he lied to himself about why it was okay. They did not say yes. In any case, what they answered is irrelevant. The moment a person who can affect your employment "asks" you for something sexual, you've been put in an impossible position. Either you go along with something sexual you don't want, or you face the repercussions. Such as, after relating the sick story to your friends, the most powerful manager in comedy tells you never to speak of what happened. Whether he or not he actually says "or else," "or else" is implied. Suddenly your career is at stake.

Anyone who's ever watched anything Louis has done knows he's a man with a lot of fucked up issues. So it's not like this is a surprise. But that's not an excuse for what he did.

Obviously this doesn't rise to the level of Weinstein, a serial rapist, or Spacey, a serial diddler of underage boys, but it's still an example of how powerful men can use women however they want and not face any consequences. Of how, in fact, the women who have been used are the ones who face the negative consequences. How fucked up a world is that?
preach
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

A male road stand up playing local 100 seaters in 2004, cant invite 2 women comedians up to his room, and once they get there, ask them to get freaky?

cactusfan

Quote from: mbw on November 11, 2017, 02:13:05 PM
A male road stand up playing local 100 seaters in 2004, cant invite 2 women comedians up to his room, and once they get there, ask them to get freaky?

I am not exactly a prime moral policeman candidate. To me, this all sounds pretty mild. But if you read accounts of female comedians and what they have to put up with, it's depressing as fuck. No, Louis wan't the star he would become at this time, but he was the alpha comic when working with all of these women, and what he did was not just a friendly asking to get freaky. It was, without their consent, enacting a sexual fetish at them, followed by other powerful men and the comic community at large telling them never to speak of it if they know what's good for their careers. That's a bigger deal than just being hit on, which is what you're suggesting this amounts to.

I think this has exploded in a bigger way right now than it would have a year ago because of all the other men being called out.

As far as Louis being ruined or finished or whatever, I doubt it. Entertainmant companies are cutting ties fast because they're smart, they've read the moment, and they fear losing money.

Louis will lie low for a while, and I'd guess, given what he usually talks about in his comedy, that this will be a big part of his next stand-up routine.

I still want to see his new movie. I hope it gets released somehow.

mistercharlie

Quote from: cactusfan on November 11, 2017, 03:38:04 PM
Quote from: mbw on November 11, 2017, 02:13:05 PM

I am not exactly a prime moral policeman candidate. To me, this all sounds pretty mild. But if you read accounts of female comedians and what they have to put up with, it's depressing as fuck. No, Louis wan't the star he would become at this time, but he was the alpha comic when working with all of these women, and what he did was not just a friendly asking to get freaky. It was, without their consent, enacting a sexual fetish at them, followed by other powerful men and the comic community at large telling them never to speak of it if they know what's good for their careers. That's a bigger deal than just being hit on, which is what you're suggesting this amounts to.

I think this has exploded in a bigger way right now than it would have a year ago because of all the other men being called out.

As far as Louis being ruined or finished or whatever, I doubt it. Entertainmant companies are cutting ties fast because they're smart, they've read the moment, and they fear losing money.

Louis will lie low for a while, and I'd guess, given what he usually talks about in his comedy, that this will be a big part of his next stand-up routine.

I still want to see his new movie. I hope it gets released somehow.

I'm sure he'll release it on his site eventually. He has self-funded the majority of his recent projects and distributes them himself on his site. The movie will see the light of day one day.

Buffalo Budd

I wasn't aware that these women were told to clamp it or risk losing there jobs.
Maybe I'm naive but is it implied you shut up or get canned in all the Hollywood gigs?
It's not like he told his crew, 'toss that one, she wouldn't let me jerk off in front of her!'
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 11, 2017, 05:32:47 PM
I wasn't aware that these women were told to clamp it or risk losing there jobs.

They weren't.  His manager told two of them not to tell anyone, but what is he goimg to say, 'shit, lets go to the newspapers!'  No one threatned jobs.