News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Eagles Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, September 10, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 06, 2014, 09:48:48 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 06, 2014, 09:27:33 AM
2. In week 5 when the Eagles were playing the Giants at the Meadowlands, Michael Vick went down and...got booed, loudly! No mention of that on the broadcast at the time and certainly not in the national media following the game. But I'm pretty fucking tired of people acting like this is a strictly Philadelphia phenomenon.

I don't generally hold NY/NJ fans in high regard when it comes to compassion and class, either... And for the record, are you saying the booing was mentioned during the broadcast Saturday night? I don't remember hearing any acknowledgment of it.

No, my point was any time something like this happens in Philly it's all "Look at these classless assholes!! They booed Santa Claus and throw snowballs!! Herp-a-derp-derp!" But when it happens anywhere else (and it does happen and not just on the NE corridor), crickets.

But, to reiterate #3 above, if you boo an injured player you are, most likely, a classless asshole.

Quote from: antelope19 on January 06, 2014, 10:34:17 AM
Keenan Lewis is hardly a "No-Name CB" if you've been paying attention this year.

And to answer your question about the division, I am optimistic.  New regime, 36 million in cap space, a TERRIBLE division. 

Remember that time a new offense took the league by storm for a season, then coaches had an off season to view tape and scheme for it?  Yeah, talk to me next year.  I have nothing but respect for Chip Kelly at this point.  He's done a hell of a job with a solid core of players that Andy Reid assembled.  We'll see how Matt Barkley and the rest of that draft pan out.  I do think Ertz is gonna be a monster going forward. 

He's a solid player, but I'd imagine he doesn't register on the "fuck-that-guy" scale for most Eagles fans, hence the "no name" comment. Michael Irvin on the other hand was the most hated player on the most hated team, so when the assholes booed him when his career ended at the Vet, they really meant it (I remember that well; it made me sick from embarrassment to see that and I fucking HATE Irvin).

The Eagles are the only team in the division who are ascending; everyone else is in decline or rebuilding. They still need a lot of help (most notably in the defensive backfield), but this sure feels more like 2000-01 at the start of a great run rather than 2008-09 when they were clearly on the downslide.

Also, Matt Barkley was a value pick in the 4th round and I don't expect him to be around for very long. He might be 3rd string next year after they cut Vick and bring in a veteran backup, but I could also see them trying to get a QB at some point in the draft this year and having the two fight it for the last spot.

Ertz is gonna be huge, but he really has to catch that ball in the endzone.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 06, 2014, 11:40:36 AM
2. In week 5 when the Eagles were playing the Giants at the Meadowlands, Michael Vick went down and...got booed, loudly! No mention of that on the broadcast at the time and certainly not in the national media following the game. But I'm pretty fucking tired of people acting like this is a strictly Philadelphia phenomenon.

I don't generally hold NY/NJ fans in high regard when it comes to compassion and class, either... And for the record, are you saying the booing was mentioned during the broadcast Saturday night? I don't remember hearing any acknowledgment of it.

No, my point was any time something like this happens in Philly it's all "Look at these classless assholes!! They booed Santa Claus and throw snowballs!! Herp-a-derp-derp!" But when it happens anywhere else (and it does happen and not just on the NE corridor), crickets.

But, to reiterate #3 above, if you boo an injured player you are, most likely, a classless asshole.

Keenan Lewis is hardly a "No-Name CB" if you've been paying attention this year.

And to answer your question about the division, I am optimistic.  New regime, 36 million in cap space, a TERRIBLE division. 

Remember that time a new offense took the league by storm for a season, then coaches had an off season to view tape and scheme for it?  Yeah, talk to me next year.  I have nothing but respect for Chip Kelly at this point.  He's done a hell of a job with a solid core of players that Andy Reid assembled.  We'll see how Matt Barkley and the rest of that draft pan out.  I do think Ertz is gonna be a monster going forward. 

He's a solid player, but I'd imagine he doesn't register on the "fuck-that-guy" scale for most Eagles fans, hence the "no name" comment. Michael Irvin on the other hand was the most hated player on the most hated team, so when the assholes booed him when his career ended at the Vet, they really meant it (I remember that well; it made me sick from embarrassment to see that and I fucking HATE Irvin).

The Eagles are the only team in the division who are ascending; everyone else is in decline or rebuilding. They still need a lot of help (most notably in the defensive backfield), but this sure feels more like 2000-01 at the start of a great run rather than 2008-09 when they were clearly on the downslide.

Also, Matt Barkley was a value pick in the 4th round and I don't expect him to be around for very long. He might be 3rd string next year after they cut Vick and bring in a veteran backup, but I could also see them trying to get a QB at some point in the draft this year and having the two fight it for the last spot.

You're only furthering my point.  The exact same could've been said about the Redskins after last season.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on January 06, 2014, 01:18:11 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 06, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

You're only furthering my point.  The exact same could've been said about the Redskins after last season.

If your point is that a lot can happen from one season to the next, than I'd agree. All I'm saying is that I am hopeful for the Eagles' future for the first time in a long time.

ETA: DeSean Jackson is already asking to renegotiate his 5 yr contract extension that he signed less than 2 yrs ago. I mean, he had a great season and is one of the most electric players on the field. But fuck that guy.

antelope19

Yes, that's all I was saying.

As for Desean, yes, f that guy. When you needed him most, he put up 3 catches on Saturday.

antelope19

Riley Cooper is expected to deal with significantly more attention from defenses this season.

Good Luck with that......

Caravan2001

What is y'alls favorite track from Hotel California?  I really like "New Kid In Town", I think it's one of the best.  Does anyone know if there is going to be a tour this year?

antelope19

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 31, 2014, 11:34:29 AM
What is y'alls favorite track from Hotel California?  I really like "New Kid In Town", I think it's one of the best.  Does anyone know if there is going to be a tour this year?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on March 31, 2014, 11:07:35 AM
Riley Cooper is expected to deal with significantly more attention from defenses this season.

Good Luck with that......

Lulz

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 31, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

Double lulz

runawayjimbo

rowjimmy

For a second there I thought the spambot got back in to bump another dead thread.

As you were.

runawayjimbo

Nope, just celebrating my division leading 2-0 Birds!

Bring on the Skins. Which reminds me...

barnesy305

zimbra

What do y'all think of the new TE? 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

runawayjimbo

Quote from: zimbra on September 21, 2014, 07:42:27 PM
What do y'all think of the new TE?

Who Ertz? He had a pretty good rookie year but he looks like he's ready to break out. I'd put him, Shady, and Sproles on the field all at the same time. Keeps the nickel off the field and there's no way 3 LBs can match up against all of them.

Fly fucking Eagles fly

Also, fuck Cary Williams

emay