News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your Trip Is Short.....

Started by Superfreakie, March 25, 2012, 01:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

QuoteNASA | Incandescent Sun - This video takes SDO images and applies additional processing to enhance the structures visible. While there is no scientific value to this processing, it does result in a beautiful, new way of looking at the sun. The original frames are in the 171 Angstrom wavelength of extreme ultraviolet. This wavelength shows plasma in the solar atmosphere, called the corona, that is around 600,000 Kelvin. The loops represent plasma held in place by magnetic fields. They are concentrated in "active regions" where the magnetic fields are the strongest. These active regions usually appear in visible light as sunspots. The events in this video represent 24 hours of activity on September 25, 2011.

rowjimmy

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Superfreakie

wow, i missed that Venus shot RJ posted. WOW!!!!!!!!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

runawayjimbo

Not sure where else to put this, but in advance of the announcement of the God particle tomorrow, I found this to be pretty friggin' cool.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

kellerb

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 23, 2012, 01:29:14 AM
wow, i missed that Venus shot RJ posted. WOW!!!!!!!!!

That was one of my camera-phone shots from deer creek on thursday.  The black spot was some kid's balloon.  the sun-looking thing was the sun

JPhishman

Wow that is amazing. Will def be watching that one a few more times.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

People bitch about NASA's costs bu those fucking rovers have delivered some amazing scientific data  and run well beyond their original scoped missions.

Also, this one can do some sweet donuts in that martial dust.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 10, 2012, 07:15:43 AM
People bitch about NASA's costs bu those fucking rovers have delivered some amazing scientific data  and run well beyond their original scoped missions.

Re: NASA's costs:

For the same amount that we spend in one day air conditioning tents in Afghanistan, we could put a rover on mars for a year.

Cut the A/C for a few days (or insulate the goddamn tents) and we could save up enough scratch to send some people there or something.

But I came here to post this article I found while mindlessly browsing sports blogs at work:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/larry-fitzgerald-wants-to-go-to-outer-space/

Larry Fitzgerald is a cool dude. How many other pros are going around talking about going to space?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

phil

gah

Quote from: phil on July 16, 2012, 09:37:31 PM

only by quoting did i come to see that's lightening from outer space. cool.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phil

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 16, 2012, 09:54:31 PM
Quote from: phil on July 16, 2012, 09:37:31 PM

only by quoting did i come to see that's lightening from outer space. cool.

Check that red bit above and slightly right of the big blue flash. Reaches about 30 mi up into space.