News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug 2.0 - Please report bugs / errors / issues w/ new server here

Started by guyforget, June 03, 2011, 04:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: guyforget on June 07, 2011, 01:24:26 PM
Quote from: Nobes on June 07, 2011, 01:13:22 PM
Why won't my avatar center properly? I've cropped it ten different ways and even though it's perfectly centered on my profile, when I post it's off center to the right. I know this is of little importance to anyone but me, but it's still f'd up.

i guess the problem is that i allow avatars to be 250px x 250 px but the window to display the avatar in the forum is smaller than that.  why it crops it off center to be displayed here but shows the full 250 pixels in your profile is a mystery to me, but its not something i have any control over in the settings of the forum.  it is possible that if i take a look at the code i can fix it to do what i/you want but i cant guarantee that i get around to looking at that for a few days or more. 

i think that what i should do is force avatars to be the same size as the display window in threads, which looks to be about 162 pixels x 250 pixels.

does that mean we'll get to see jbj's hair and what he's wearing?!

:crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

guyforget

nah, i already made the change (notice nobes' avatar on center)

jbj was just one of the hilarious stock forums avatars

i think you'd look good w/ freddie prin??? jr, gah.
-AD_

UncleEbinezer

I have noticed random (at least they seem random) notifications to posts from a few days ago.  Not what you call real time.   :-D
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

phil

Is there any way to retrieve old avatars? I've been using the same avatar since I joined the paug and I no longer have it saved on my computer. If not, don't sweat it, change is inevitable and I already have an idea for a new one but I'd like to try and salvage the old one if possible
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

gah

Quote from: phil on June 07, 2011, 02:56:34 PM
Is there any way to retrieve old avatars? I've been using the same avatar since I joined the paug and I no longer have it saved on my computer. If not, don't sweat it, change is inevitable and I already have an idea for a new one but I'd like to try and salvage the old one if possible

I think you should go with the stock david spade photo.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

guyforget

i have a directory of thousands of old avatars.

for whatever reason, i cant get it to sync up w/ the new installation of the forums, even though the database, file paths, etc, are all the same. 

so, do i have the physical file, somewhere in this huge directory of uploaded images?  yep.  do i know which is yours?  heh....

also, lookin' good, hood! 
-AD_

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on June 07, 2011, 03:00:04 PM
i have a directory of thousands of old avatars.

for whatever reason, i cant get it to sync up w/ the new installation of the forums, even though the database, file paths, etc, are all the same. 

so, do i have the physical file, somewhere in this huge directory of uploaded images?  yep.  do i know which is yours?  heh....

also, lookin' good, hood!

No worries, should have the new one up and running in a minute here. It's the end of an era for the GD UVa. avatar.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Nobes

Quote from: guyforget on June 07, 2011, 01:24:26 PM
Quote from: Nobes on June 07, 2011, 01:13:22 PM
Why won't my avatar center properly? I've cropped it ten different ways and even though it's perfectly centered on my profile, when I post it's off center to the right. I know this is of little importance to anyone but me, but it's still f'd up.

i guess the problem is that i allow avatars to be 250px x 250 px but the window to display the avatar in the forum is smaller than that.  why it crops it off center to be displayed here but shows the full 250 pixels in your profile is a mystery to me, but its not something i have any control over in the settings of the forum.  it is possible that if i take a look at the code i can fix it to do what i/you want but i cant guarantee that i get around to looking at that for a few days or more. 

i think that what i should do is force avatars to be the same size as the display window in threads, which looks to be about 162 pixels x 250 pixels.

Sweet dude! Thanks. Looks perfect.

Buffalo Budd

I haven't been able to see any avatars or smileys since the site changes for some reason.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: slslbs on June 07, 2011, 01:18:07 PM
seeing everything today at work, pc, FF

but not at home on my Mac - Chrome, FF,  or Safari
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

guyforget

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 07, 2011, 09:11:20 PM
I haven't been able to see any avatars or smileys since the site changes for some reason.

have you also been unable to read this thread?   :laugh:

ditch the old theme and get w/ the new crew.  :police:
-AD_

tet

i think i found the problem with the smileys - the board default (=Curve) theme should now default to the regular smiley set - previously, it was using "classic", which did not work (and will not, going forward). 

if you are still unable to see smileys, go into your Profile > Look and Layout > Current Smiley Set = Default of Board/Default (which you can use even if you want to continue to use the Classic/old board theme for some reason - but i don't recommend that as it's a bit old and in the way... :syf:)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

UncleEbinezer

Thanks!  Also, did you recently change the hover text of ye ole smiley?  Either way, I just noticed...good work.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

tet

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on June 08, 2011, 08:47:33 AM
Thanks!  Also, did you recently change the hover text of ye ole smiley?  Either way, I just noticed...good work.

no idea what you're talking about, but if you like it, then yes, i did...  ;)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish