News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-28 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL - Post Show Discussion

Started by mbw, October 29, 2018, 09:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHISH, SUNDAY 10/28/2018
ALLSTATE ARENA
Rosemont, IL

SET 1: Everything's Right, Destiny Unbound, Heavy Things, Miss You, Tube*, Petrichor, I Always Wanted It This Way, Grind

SET 2: Carini -> No Quarter -> Cities > Gotta Jibboo > Twist -> What's the Use? > Twist > Shade, Plasma, Character Zero

ENCORE: Fluffhead

* w/ I'm a Man tease

mbw

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

I listened from Destiny > Jibboo and enjoyed it.
Not the most critical or detailed listen, I'll admit.
Looking forward to going back.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Quote from: mbw on October 29, 2018, 09:37:02 AM
I won't mention that first set, but II was a barn-burner.
I'll drop a more detailed review after I listen on the drive home today, but that 2nd Set was fire. Plasma was super awesome, and the way they did Shade was even cool. Brought it down quick, played the song with no real jam, and moved right back into attacking some heavier jams. Nailed it after a false start first set... even with a Destiny tossed in. WTU was absolutely gorgeous.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

emay

Gumbo72203

I'm so glad I got to be alive when Real Phish came back at least once.  First set jams = real Phish. 

We just had 2 successive double-digit length Tubes.  I would have laughed in your face if you told me that this would happen again, period.  But two in a row?  GTFO. 

Everything's Right is fantastic.  I love this moderate Camden '99 style thing they're doing in a lot of these jams like this and the Blaze On from the other night. 

Phish is back.  Now, if we can only get Trey to practice the hard songs, we might have a New Renaissance :D

EDIT:  "I'm A Man" jam in Tube, ala 7/10/99 Gin. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 29, 2018, 12:16:18 PM
I'm so glad I got to be alive when Real Phish came back at least once.  First set jams = real Phish. 

We just had 2 successive double-digit length Tubes.  I would have laughed in your face if you told me that this would happen again, period.  But two in a row?  GTFO. 

Everything's Right is fantastic.  I love this moderate Camden '99 style thing they're doing in a lot of these jams like this and the Blaze On from the other night. 

Phish is back.  Now, if we can only get Trey to practice the hard songs, we might have a New Renaissance :D

im happy for all the 3.0 only kids. this tour is legit.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

I heard that I'm A Man jam in real-time last night. Very cool.

Thrillhouse

Jesus Christ gumbo. "Real Phish"  lol
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 29, 2018, 12:24:48 PM
im happy for all the 3.0 only kids. this tour is legit.

Right?  This is the real shit.  Finally (again!). 

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 29, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

So you're perfectly satisfied with 14 song first sets with no track lengths over 8 minutes?  ;)

To add to my original comment, keep in mind that BOTH of these back-to-back 10+ min Tubes happened in the 1st set.  Unreal.  Also, outside of a Fluffhead, I think last night's Everything's Right is the longest show-opening track of 3.0?  The few Tweezers they did never got more than 10-11 mins iirc. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

gah

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 29, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

I will second the lollers on the "real phish" statement.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: gah on October 29, 2018, 02:07:43 PM

I will second the lollers on the "real phish" statement.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

You know what I mean and you know you agree  :-D :evil: :beers: :banana:

mistercharlie

Just giving this show a second listen this morning. I noticed that at 7:12 of Destiny Unbound Mike plays the bassline to Live And Let Die.

Also great versions of Everything's Right and Destiny so far!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.