News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

If it's a tie, should the next round be a three-way fight?

Started by rowjimmy, August 09, 2012, 11:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Hicks

If people stopped voting wrong this wouldn't be an issue.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Look, I understand your frustration. Bozeman got hosed. And I'm sorry I didn't specify in the original poll that it was just a placeholder and that people shouldn't vote on it until the other matchup was final. But this is a tournament, so you can't have a tie or a head-to-head-to-head (what is this, Canada?). I mean, I already introduced my own bias by leaving the poll open past the 10pm Tuesday deadline because it was close and I figured Hicks could pull another jedi mind trick out of his ass (I blame him, really). But I think the only fair thing to the 13 people who voted (inexplicably) for Mike's is to let that one play through. We'll get 'em next time.

Now about that three way...
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

danje

It's the god damned Bozeman Tweezer. It should have won the entire tournament by default.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Yeah my bad, I wouldn't have thought my jedi powers would have been required for this matchup. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: danje on August 09, 2012, 12:38:33 PM
It's the god damned Bozeman Tweezer. It should have won the entire tournament by default.

Come, now. It's no Providence Bowie.

danje

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2012, 12:52:02 PM

If Bozeman was played in the Northeast, it'd have already shutout every other jam in this tournament.

rowjimmy

Quote from: danje on August 09, 2012, 12:55:03 PM

If Bozeman was played in the Northeast, it'd have already shutout every other jam in this tournament.

I guess we'll never know.

VDB

That woulda been an epic final though.
Is this still Wombat?

phil

Quote from: danje on August 09, 2012, 12:55:03 PM

This.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 09, 2012, 02:13:07 PM

This is true.

But what really chaps my ass is that there wasn't appropriate rules in place from the start of this said tournament if such an event were to arise. And now look what's happened? The entire Paug is in an uproar over this. I swear to God jimbo if this causes a rift in the Paug  universe and we go to civil war over it, it'll be your head.  :samurai:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

McGrupp

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 09, 2012, 05:07:47 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 09, 2012, 02:13:07 PM

This is true.

But what really chaps my ass is that there wasn't appropriate rules in place from the start of this said tournament if such an event were to arise. And now look what's happened? The entire Paug is in an uproar over this. I swear to God jimbo if this causes a rift in the Paug  universe and we go to civil war over it, it'll be your head.  :samurai:

Ties? Ain't nobody got time for that!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?