News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/17 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by PhishPhan, August 18, 2011, 01:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Casey Lenahan

I laid down last night first set to enjoy the rest of the show and I passed out  :evil:. these 2 jobs are woopin my ass  :banana:
I owe Aug $20

guyforget

its like they didnt get enough songs into set 1, so they shortened every song in set 2 so that they could stick them in there. 

a < 4 min ghost makes me want to throw tomatoes.  trey needs ritalin. 
-AD_

Mr Minor

Regardless of the length of a few of those songs, they were on fire and tight as hell for almost all of the show.  Last few songs, something seemed up with Trey's fingers.  He had to seriously wipe them off at one point and he just didn't seem like was moving on the strings very well.

But the first 80% was on fire.

Forbins> Mockingbirg!!!  Holy shit, i have been chasing that for 70 shows.  And I felt as though they nailed it.

Major thanks to MBW for the hookup on the tix!~

Cant wait to hear how the recording turned out.

:rawk:

guyforget

Quote from: Mr Minor on August 18, 2011, 01:50:30 PM
Regardless of the length of a few of those songs, they were on fire and tight as hell for almost all of the show.  Last few songs, something seemed up with Trey's fingers.  He had to seriously wipe them off at one point and he just didn't seem like was moving on the strings very well.

Forbins> Mockingbirg!!!  Holy shit, i have been chasing that for 70 shows.  And I felt as though they nailed it.

more proof that 3.0 is for stats padders.

great for 80 percent of the show?

youre just happy because you checked off forbins > bird, but you see enough 3.0 shows and youll fill up a stats sheet w/ peaches, forbins, harpua, alumni, etc. 

but thats awesome that they played 80% of their songs well last night.  i'd still bet that they flubbed the ghost build up, if they even made it that far in the song before they ripcorded it for trey's new makisupa comedy bit.

-AD_

Mr Minor

Quote from: guyforget on August 18, 2011, 01:55:20 PM
Quote from: Mr Minor on August 18, 2011, 01:50:30 PM

more proof that 3.0 is for stats padders.

great for 80 percent of the show?

youre just happy because you checked off forbins > bird, but you see enough 3.0 shows and youll fill up a stats sheet w/ peaches, forbins, harpua, alumni, etc. 

but thats awesome that they played 80% of their songs well last night.  i'd still bet that they flubbed the ghost build up, if they even made it that far in the song before they ripcorded it for trey's new makisupa comedy bit.

I don't give two shits about stats.  I always wanted to hear it.  And they played it well.  I go for the music, not the Phish rep that I saw "x" amount of songs.  The whole show was great, but you could tell something was funny with his hands near the end of the second set.  Encore was great again, though.
I was just as excited for Divided Sky as I was Forbins.

I had a great time.  The music was great.  Trey's fingers seemed like they were getting sticky.  It was humid as hell in there and you could tell something wasn't right with his movement up and down the fretboard.   

DoW

I'm changing teams to the fluffer crowd.
I may actually even start to listen to some 2011 shows.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

Quote from: bvaz on August 18, 2011, 02:01:21 PM
I'm changing teams to the fluffer crowd.
I may actually even start to listen to some 2011 shows.
nans. 

Way too many people on the fluffer team, which means you would have to be around more people.  We have 5-6 people on our team tops.  Way better odds of your current teammates leaving you to your own devices. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

guyforget

sour grapes, lol

80% good, lol

was the 3:48 of ghost in the 80% good part or the 20% "sticky fingers" part? 

-AD_

sophist

Quote from: guyforget on August 18, 2011, 02:10:48 PM
sour grapes, lol

80% good, lol

was the 3:48 of ghost in the 80% good part or the 20% "sticky fingers" part?
It was in the "highlights" obviously.  Only time they've ever teased the theme to Ghost during that "extended" Makisupa intro. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

guyforget

if only ghost had always been 3:48, it could've been on the radio by now
-AD_

Buffalo Budd

Don't worry guys, the real bvaz will be back. 
And I'm of course kidding around Guy. 
You've gotta like the Waves > Undermind from this run though, right?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Totally agree with mbw. Most psyched crowd I've seen since Utica.

Great, FUN show.!!  My favorite 3 night run since Greek. Jams or no jams, phish is making great mmusic

The segue into no quarter was slick as hell!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: guyforget on August 18, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
if only ghost had always been 3:48, it could've been on the radio by now

Remember when they did the "radio-friendly" version of Brother?
Remember what they played next that was declared "NOT radio-friendly"?

Yeah...