News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on February 19, 2012, 05:52:23 PM
What does everyone think of "The IT Crowd"  I started the 1st episode and heard a laugh track so I instantly turned it off.

Should I give it a shot? Or is this just some super fluffed britcom?

I enjoyed the humo(u)r, but the laugh track was kind of a turn off for me as well.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on February 18, 2012, 02:00:43 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 17, 2012, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: phil on February 17, 2012, 04:12:35 PM
I've been checking out a Netflix-exclusive series called "Lilyhammer," which I highly recommend. Steven van Zandt plays a New York mobster that ends up in Lillehammer, Norway through the witness protection program. It's good shit.

nice.  will check it.

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 07, 2012, 04:38:06 PM
check out british sitcom "Peep Show"
frikkin hilarious.

anyone?  sincerely one of the funniest shows i have ever seen.

interesting, will definitely watch it... because it's an early show with Mitchell & Webb. if you like Peep Show, you must immediately rent their more recent series of sketch comedy called That Mitchell And Webb Look, which is brilliant.

checked out the first episode of That Mitchell and Webb Look....
it was weird to see these guys playing other characters.
not being a dick, but it was no where near as funny as peep show, in fact, i think i chuckled maybe once.
anywho, gonna check out a few more episodes for sure.

Lilyhammer....checked out the first two episodes of this.
the concept is pretty hilarious, and its pretty good so far.
it moves a little fast though, huh?

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VDB

"Beer Wars" -- not a bad film, I had some quibbles with it, but overall the message I think was worth delivering.
Is this still Wombat?

natronzero

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 24, 2012, 12:58:08 PM
"Beer Wars" -- not a bad film, I had some quibbles with it, but overall the message I think was worth delivering.

Overall I agree. Solid message, fairly well delivered.
It took a bit for me to take Anat Baron seriously though, after claiming to be from the "beer industry" because she used to head Mike's Hard Lemonade.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

shoreline99

Yes, she really wasn't any kind of industry insider from that perspective. And it's kind of hard to take Rhonda Kallman seriously, knowing that New Century ran itself into the ground last year, but it was a good documentary on Dogfish Head anyway.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

susep

mistercharlie

Quote from: susep on February 25, 2012, 02:40:48 PM

another must see.

My wife is one of the vegans that eat honey, she feels like the bee keepers are actually helping to keep the bees alive. Would watching this change her mind on that? She loves drinking mead and I'd hate to take that away from her.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 25, 2012, 04:45:53 PM

another must see.

My wife is one of the vegans that eat honey, she feels like the bee keepers are actually helping to keep the bees alive. Would watching this change her mind on that? She loves drinking mead and I'd hate to take that away from her.

if anything seeing the movie would reinforce her desire to want to help the small, local, organic bee keepers.

jstepan

Λ Σ Δ
to Use your head... you have to go out of your mind... Dr Tim Leary

one day we'll figure out the mathematical formula that describes the universe, then, our whole reality will dissolve and a sign will pop up that says 'level two'.

mistercharlie

Quote from: susep on February 25, 2012, 11:14:19 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on February 25, 2012, 04:45:53 PM

another must see.

if anything seeing the movie would reinforce her desire to want to help the small, local, organic bee keepers.

Awesome, I'm adding it to our instant queue right now.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

cactusfan

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 24, 2012, 11:19:32 AM
I've been checking out a Netflix-exclusive series called "Lilyhammer," which I highly recommend. Steven van Zandt plays a New York mobster that ends up in Lillehammer, Norway through the witness protection program. It's good shit.

nice.  will check it.

frikkin hilarious.

interesting, will definitely watch it... because it's an early show with Mitchell & Webb. if you like Peep Show, you must immediately rent their more recent series of sketch comedy called That Mitchell And Webb Look, which is brilliant.

not being a dick, but it was no where near as funny as peep show, in fact, i think i chuckled maybe once.

give it a chance. it grows on you. or so i found. but in the end, if you don't see the pure beauty of a thing like Numberwang, maybe it's just not for you.

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on February 26, 2012, 06:40:31 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 24, 2012, 11:19:32 AM

nice.  will check it.

frikkin hilarious.

give it a chance. it grows on you. or so i found. but in the end, if you don't see the pure beauty of a thing like Numberwang, maybe it's just not for you.

actually, numberwang was the chuckle inducer.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  there is still hope

McGrupp

Been loving Peep Show...

Watched "Winnebago Man" over the weekend. Definitely recommended. Very very entertaining.

Also, I thought "Man on Wire" was pretty drawn out but very cool.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VDB

Man On Wire has been in my queue for ages.

Checked out the first episode of Peep Show. It was clever enough. Might try some more, though lord knows I've got enough of a Netflix and TV backlog to keep my busy.
Is this still Wombat?