News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Shocking News!

Started by Undermind, September 29, 2010, 09:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

They should just make doping legal in cycling at this point or end the sport!

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5631343

QuoteAlberto Contador tests positive

ESPN.com news services

Tour de France winner Alberto Contador plans to hold a news conference Thursday to address reports of a positive drug test, his publicist said in a statement.

Contador, who won the Tour de France for the third time, apparently tested positive for bronchodilator clenbuterol during drug tests conducted on the final day of this year's race. He was notified on August 24.

Contador, 27, has scheduled a news conference at noon Thursday at the Hotel Las Artes in Pinto, Spain, according to a release from his publicist. Contador has put together a group of experts who will say the positive test is a result of "food contamination."

"The experts consulted so far have agreed also that this is a food contamination case, especially considering the number of tests passed by Alberto Contador during the Tour de France," the release said.

Clenbuterol is a synthetic bronchodilator often prescribed to asthma sufferers. The drug is on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned substances list and its use would mean a two-year ban from the sport.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

VDB

Apparently he's saying it's because of a steak he ate.

Honestly, I waffle between thinking these guys are all a bunch of shameless cheaters and suspecting that maybe the tests have been so tightly designed that we're now triggering all kinds of false positives. For example, elevated testosterone? Can we really say with absolute authority that there's never a natural explanation for a person having higher-than-normal levels of a natural substance in his body? I'm no scientician so I really don't know the answers here.
Is this still Wombat?