News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R10/W07: 09-09-2000 Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY

Started by pnchundi, October 04, 2010, 12:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

Possum - I like it as an opener. Kinda short intro, but gets the room moving.

My Friend - Some of the composed sections are laughable, but they get extra spaced out for the outro section.

Gumbo - Nice placement out of the space. Pretty meaty groove with some sweet cowbell action by Fish. Mike gets extra evil toward the end and they transition nicely into >>>

Maze - I was still buggin' at this point and the Maze didn't help. Fish is really active on this one. Great peak and a pretty solid version.

Boogie - Works here as a breather from the darkness.

Roggae - Fantastic "space" section. They were pretty comfortable with the song's parameters at this point. This one was really solid.

Guyute - Crowd is pumped! Aside from one section, pretty well played. Trey adds some keyboards OOMF before the newborn elf ending.

Antelope - Love an 8 song first set. Jam starts quietly. Nothing really noteworthy about the jam itself, but this one peaks pretty hard! Tom comes out and the band kinda gets lost on the chord change after "man."

- Pretty solid first set. I never really had much of an opinion of this set aside from losing my mind, so it was nice to revisit it properly.

Jibboo - Picking up where Summer 2000 left off. Pretty good version even if this was still when Mike had zero deviation from his line.

Curtain - Pretty good composed sections. LAST ONE EVAR!

Sand - Fish obviously thinks it's 1st Tube! Supra fast tempo. Ray comes out and just dances (this is better to listen to than watch...) Doesn't play his first notes until almost 15 minutes in.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard He teases the 1st Tube guitar line a few times. Some of the echo effects are cool, but he just seemed like he was trippin' and had no idea WTF was going on.

Makisupa - Schwag is right.

CTB/ Bitch - Work well with the trumpet. Trey pronounces Cosmic Hour over and tears his solo the fuck apart! Really good stuff by Trey.

Cavern - I always hear the horn part in my head for Cavern. So you have a trumpet player on stage and he doesn't play anything?! Dude is Out To Snacks.

Hood - Had a Phish moment during this. Vividly remember Trey bringing the fans up on stage and just thinking that it was a cool gesture. With the band taking off, it kinda showed how the band was connected with it's audience. Dunno...it has always stuck with me.

Don't hate it as much as everyone else.
Gonna give it a B.