News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Continuing

Started by jephrey, January 08, 2007, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Even though I haven't had much time, I've been adding songs fairly regulary during the week.  I've slowed a bit, but just because I have stuff going on at work and at home.  For those of you who haven't heard, we've executively decided that it'd be cool to push back the open date a bit (end of January).  At that time, I'd also suggest just having a link here at Week4paug for a few months, in hopes that things will naturally grow, then really promote the wiki in other places as other content is filled in.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

as much as i'd love to help out... i've obvioulsy not done a lot on the wiki in the past few months...

i just don't have the time i thought i would.  nor do i have the patience for data entry that i thought i would...

so, i'm going to have to respectfully give up my desire to handle the "high 5" and "underrated" sections... i would love to help consult on it and give my ideas, but i just don't see myself getting that part set up...

so if someone wants to take it over and use me as a fall back for ideas/etc that would be awesome.

if i get any time in the near future i will most certainly do what i can
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Quote from: jedifunk on January 08, 2007, 02:14:33 PM

so, i'm going to have to respectfully give up my desire to handle the "high 5" and "underrated" sections... i would love to help consult on it and give my ideas, but i just don't see myself getting that part set up...

so if someone wants to take it over and use me as a fall back for ideas/etc that would be awesome.

word, I'd love to take over for ya :beers:

jephrey

I think everyone who signs up is in a similar boat.  I have gone through really slow periods and have never had much time at home to do anything on the wiki.  Luckily (for the wiki) I've had time at work.

But thanks for the help so far, your contributions have been great.  Whatever you can do moving forward is appreciated.

susep, even if you just come up with the lists, I can put them in the right places.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

susep

Quote from: jephrey on January 08, 2007, 04:06:31 PM
susep, even if you just come up with the lists, I can put them in the right places.

J

thx but I think I've got a preety good handle on manipulating the code.  If I run into problems/setbacks/whatever I'll drop you a message. :-)

drvinestein

When the wiki goes up, will just anybody be able to change the code?  Like a random stranger?  It just seems like it might leave it open to vandals.

phil

that's the idea of a wiki though, anyone can contribute. have you ever checked wikipedia against a real encylcopedia though? it's very accurate and stays that way because when responsible people see vandalism theyll correct it, because quite frankly it's a little juvenile to go around fucking up wikis all day. i personally love the wiki concept
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

tet

well, you'll have to have an account to edit any wiki page.  to have an account, you need a valid email address.  if someone vandalizes, it's easy to ban the email address as well as their IP address.  also, no permanent damage can be done.  the mods can always revert to a previous version of a page, even if someone deletes all content or the page itself.

i think in general people will be good about it... maybe i have too much faith in humanity, but the phish community in general is better than most IMO.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

susep

Quote from: tet on January 08, 2007, 11:11:25 PM
i think in general people will be good about it... maybe i have too much faith in humanity, but the phish community in general is better than most IMO.

here, here :beers:

also the idea of an open wiki, certainly on a scientific level is, things change.

thesis>anti-thesis>synthesis.

drvinestein

Well, that seems cool then.  I knew you could go back to previous versions of a page if somebody did screw it up, but it is good to know any "repeat offenders" could be banned.

Honestly, I've never been to a wiki before besides this one, I think.

drvinestein

Quote from: susep73 on January 08, 2007, 11:47:46 PM
here, here :beers:

also the idea of an open wiki, certainly on a scientific level is, things change.

thesis>anti-thesis>synthesis.

I agree with this statement.  THings change for the better.  I was mainly worried about somebody erasing pages or somehow defacing information that's accurate, changing it for the worst

There are crazies who have a personal vendetta against Phish, but it's good to know that not all work could be destroyed so easily.

Forgive me if I let the occasional dummy statement slip out.  :oops:

jephrey

Songs are still trickling in from me.  I thought I'd have more time these last few weeks, but I've been busy handing off my responsibilities for this job.  I start my new job next Monday.  I should get a few more in, and it looks like my last day here, tomorrow, I may have a few hours to just work on the wiki.

J