News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Any lacrosse fans

Started by Guyute, June 24, 2007, 08:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

Just wondering if there were any lacrosse fans out there?  Checked out a Major League Lacrosse game for the 1st time last night, it was amazing.   

Long Island Lizards vs. Washington Bayhawks, it was so much fun.  Seats are great, you are right near the field, its fast, high scoring, they don't stop the clock much.   There are kids there in full uniform, sticks and all.  They shoot shirts into the crowd and balls and stuff and then after te game the team sticks around and signs the autograph of any kid who asks.  It felt a lot like a minor league baseball game.

If you haven't been and are even a casual fan I recommend checking it out.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Casey Lenahan

I am a HUGE lacrosse fan(I quit football for this sport). Ive been playing for about 8 years now. I played two years of Modified (Middle school), One year of JV, and three years of Varsity. Would have played in college, but theres no really good teams close to where I live and I have to pay for my school so I am only staying local so I dont have to pay 30,000 a year. I also coach lacrosse for my High schools JV team and this year we were 14-1  :wink:. I also have gotten the opportunity to coach my little brother since hes been playing which is even cooler to have seen him progress into a machine like he is now  :-P

For you parents out there who have children. GET THEM INVOLVED IN THIS GAME ASAP!!!!! It is one of the fastest growing sports behind hockey. You dont have to be the biggest kid or the fastest its a game of skill and starting them at a young age is the best thing for them. Practices are fun and games even more fun.

They also have indoor lacrosse which is kind of more like hockey. A lot more rough, and there is fighting which is cool. I was going to try out for a professional lacrosse indoor league with my friend, but he moved so i decided not to.

Outdoor is where it is at though, more skill, better athletes. If anyone is interested in seeing any games for your self go to http://www.majorleaguelacrosse.com/ and go to the television tab and it shows all listings of any games on, they are usually on ESPN.
I owe Aug $20

rickjamesstjames

Out in the west and we have the NLL. I think its a totally different league. Lots of Canadian teams and Def Leppard/Whitesnake played all game!!!
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

Casey Lenahan

Yeah NLL - Indoor / MLL - Outdoor
I owe Aug $20

Guyute

Championship game is going to be played in Rochester, NY this year.

they have teams out West to. 
West
---------
LA
Denver
San Francisco
Chicago

East
---------
Long Island
Boston
New Jersey
Rochester
Washington
Philadelphia

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

antelope19

Umm, I guess you could call me a fan.  I played for 20+ years, and now currently coach.   :roll:  I really enjoy it, and try to make it out to a few college games a year.  Never been to a MLL game before, but I'm sure there is a ton of talent, and is alot of fun to watch.  The indorr league is a bit ridiculous for my tastes.  All they do is beat the shit out of one another. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I've been to a few Toronto Rock games (NLL) - it's fun but kinda pathetic how few people show up.  I'd rather go watch amateur baseball or minor hockey.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on June 25, 2007, 09:09:30 AM
I've been to a few Toronto Rock games (NLL) - it's fun but kinda pathetic how few people show up.  I'd rather go watch amateur baseball or minor hockey.

And unfortunatley, I think most people feel this way.  If you think about it, it has all of the ingredients to be a popular sport in North America.  It's high scoring, fast paced, and even has some big hits every once in a while.  But for some reason, it's just not catching on, at all.   :|

Guyute

Quote from: antelope19 on June 25, 2007, 09:11:41 AM
And unfortunatley, I think most people feel this way.  If you think about it, it has all of the ingredients to be a popular sport in North America.  It's high scoring, fast paced, and even has some big hits every once in a while.  But for some reason, it's just not catching on, at all.   :|

Its actually the second fastest growing youth sport.  They had about 5000 people at the game I was at.   My thing is marketing, most players don't even know the league exists and everyone should.

antelope19

Quote from: Guyute on June 25, 2007, 01:43:00 PM
Its actually the second fastest growing youth sport.  They had about 5000 people at the game I was at.   My thing is marketing, most players don't even know the league exists and everyone should.

Oh yeah, I am well aware of its growth.  The number of DIII colleges and high schools has exploded in the last 10 years.  But I just don't see it ever really going anywhere as a professional sport.   :|

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: mattstick on June 25, 2007, 09:09:30 AM

You should see a Bandits game. Its nuts, tons of drunk people, and the HSBC arena is almost sold out every time
I owe Aug $20

antelope19

If anyone is interested in coming out this weekend, there are some great games in Annapolis.  Plus, you have a free place to stay!!!  Saturday is Maryland vs. U of Virginia at Noon and Sunday is Navy vs Johns Hopkins at 3PM.  All 4 of these teams are great, and these games are for a trip to Foxboro for the final 4 and a shot at the title.  Should be some amazing lacrosse this weekend. 

Casey Lenahan

If I didnt have to work Id be there with you! but I have work and now im stuck watching the games on my DVR  :-P
I owe Aug $20

antelope19

It's cool.  I am just hoping for a couple of good games. 

Casey Lenahan

Just a reminder:

Mon May 26
Division I Championship
#5 Johns Hopkins @ #2 Syracuse 1:00 (at Foxborough)

Starting at 1:00 pm EST
Should be a great game!

Also both teams had upsets against their opponents in the semis

Sat May 24
NCAA Semi
#1    Duke   9
#5    Johns Hopkins    10 

NCAA Semi
#3    Virginia   11
#2    Syracuse    12 (2 OT)   
I owe Aug $20