News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

cool

I want to hear these shows as much for the stories as the music
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Quote from: slslbs on February 15, 2018, 04:15:54 PM
cool

I want to hear these shows as much for the stories as the music

Second'd, I've watched the Peyton Hooten story like five times now, so hilarious. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Kapok in The Hague. All improv jazz goodness. They performed in the round, with surround sound and two guys providing an epic light show.

Also: the audience kept their cellphones in their pockets throughout the whole set. The photo was posted by the band on their FB before the show.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

shoreline99

Saw the weirdest show last night. Don't know if anyone couch toured the Steve Winwood/Phil & TFB show last night, but wow. It was billed as a co-headlining show, Winwood came out and blew the doors off the place for the better part of two hours. Full set with encores. Absolutely killed it, the guy is a legend and totally brought his A game. Half hour set break to change stage setups, and Phil came out. Could not have been a more different vibe. He was obviously having sound issues, and at one point left the stage to swap out his IEM's. Also the first time I've really seen his age affect him - he really didn't seem like himself. The rest of the band is good, but nowhere near the draw or energy as ANY of the P&F lineups I've seen (and we've seen plenty). John Scofield is playing with him tonight and tomorrow. Interesting, because while technically the band was very good, just an odd, low energy setlist. Started out strong, then the slow cover of Rolling Stone completely killed the flow IMHO. While last night was sold out and a hard ticket to get, these TFB shows are starting to not sell out, and it definitely felt like a house band rather than a tour draw - especially with Phil not himself. Plus the crowd was full of assholes.

All night the buzz was that Winwood would come out for an encore, especially since they broke the midnight curfew, but Phil came out for his Donor Rap and the band played Deal, then walked off stage.

Just a weird show. Winwood - A+. Phil - C/C-. Curious to see how the other shows are.

Plenty of tapers there, check out the sets.

Steve Winwood
Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY
3/14/2018

I'm a Man
Pearly Queen
Them Changes
Can't Find My Way Home
Had to Cry Today
The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys (>)
Empty Pages
Light Up or Leave Me Alone
Roll With It*

Encore:
John Barleycorn*
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Gimme Some Lovin'*

*with Lilly Winwood on backing vocals

--

Phil Lesh and the Terrapin Family Band
Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY
3/14/2018

Born Cross-Eyed
Cream Puff War
Jack Straw
Like a Rolling Stone
China Cat Sunflower (>)
Cumberland Blues
The Wheel (>)
Jack O' Roses (>)
Terrapin Station
New Speedway Boogie

Encore:
Donor Rap
Deal

ETA: Phil set is up on etree. Supposedly there was no taping of the Winwood set allowed, but I'm sure it will pop up somewhere.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 15, 2018, 12:01:40 PM
Weird.

Yeah, we actually walked out during Terrapin, checked out the merch and hung in the bar until the encore. Just an odd night.

jam>

Ty Segall and his band was really good on Friday night. Highly recommend checking them out if you love 70's rock. They reminded me of The Who or Ronson-era Bowie at times. Guitar licks being traded all night. Solid band all around.

Caravan2001

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 15, 2018, 11:10:38 AM
Saw the weirdest show last night. Don't know if anyone couch toured the Steve Winwood/Phil & TFB show last night, but wow. It was billed as a co-headlining show, Winwood came out and blew the doors off the place for the better part of two hours. Full set with encores. Absolutely killed it, the guy is a legend and totally brought his A game. Half hour set break to change stage setups, and Phil came out. Could not have been a more different vibe. He was obviously having sound issues, and at one point left the stage to swap out his IEM's. Also the first time I've really seen his age affect him - he really didn't seem like himself. The rest of the band is good, but nowhere near the draw or energy as ANY of the P&F lineups I've seen (and we've seen plenty). John Scofield is playing with him tonight and tomorrow. Interesting, because while technically the band was very good, just an odd, low energy setlist. Started out strong, then the slow cover of Rolling Stone completely killed the flow IMHO. While last night was sold out and a hard ticket to get, these TFB shows are starting to not sell out, and it definitely felt like a house band rather than a tour draw - especially with Phil not himself. Plus the crowd was full of assholes.

All night the buzz was that Winwood would come out for an encore, especially since they broke the midnight curfew, but Phil came out for his Donor Rap and the band played Deal, then walked off stage.

Just a weird show. Winwood - A+. Phil - C/C-. Curious to see how the other shows are.

Plenty of tapers there, check out the sets.

Steve Winwood
Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY
3/14/2018

I'm a Man
Pearly Queen
Them Changes
Can't Find My Way Home
Had to Cry Today
The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys (>)
Empty Pages
Light Up or Leave Me Alone
Roll With It*

Encore:
John Barleycorn*
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Gimme Some Lovin'*

*with Lilly Winwood on backing vocals

--

Phil Lesh and the Terrapin Family Band
Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY
3/14/2018

Born Cross-Eyed
Cream Puff War
Jack Straw
Like a Rolling Stone
China Cat Sunflower (>)
Cumberland Blues
The Wheel (>)
Jack O' Roses (>)
Terrapin Station
New Speedway Boogie

Encore:
Donor Rap
Deal

ETA: Phil set is up on etree. Supposedly there was no taping of the Winwood set allowed, but I'm sure it will pop up somewhere.

I did hear on the GD Channel on SiriusXM that Phil was battling the flu during this run.  Not sure if he sat during this show, but I know that he did play a couple of the Cap sets sitting in a chair.

shoreline99

As the Crow Flies
4/17/2018
The Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY
Chris Robinson, Adam MacDougall, Tony Leone, Audley Freed, Andy Hess, Marcus King

Remedy
Sting Me
Twice As Hard
By Your Side
I Can’t Stand The Rain
Nonfiction
Good Friday > Almost Cut My Hair
Wiser Time
She Talks To Angels
Thorn In My Pride
My Morning Song
Jealous Again
Hard To Handle > Hush > Hard To Handle

Encore:
I’d Love To Change The World

Summary:
First night of tour with this band, and it felt like it. Started out a bit hesitant, but they started to stretch and jam more and more as the night went on, then absolutely crushed HTH>Hush>HTH.  After seeing both Circles and the CRB earlier this year, it was great to hear some Crowes tunes.

Show was totally oversold and the place was packed, as more of these Cap shows seem to be these days. Overall, if you're a Crowes fan, go see this lineup as I think they're only going to get better as the tour progresses.

cactusfan

Quote from: jam> on April 16, 2018, 10:30:56 AM
Ty Segall and his band was really good on Friday night. Highly recommend checking them out if you love 70's rock. They reminded me of The Who or Ronson-era Bowie at times. Guitar licks being traded all night. Solid band all around.

Nice. I've seen him a few times. Always a good show.

His new album is excellent.

jam>

Quote from: cactusfan on April 18, 2018, 11:48:48 AM
Quote from: jam> on April 16, 2018, 10:30:56 AM

Nice. I've seen him a few times. Always a good show.

His new album is excellent.

My second time seeing him. Less crowd surfing and stage diving this time. More, dare I say, classic rock ripping goin' on. Same line up instrument wise as 73-74 grateful dead.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: shoreline99 on April 18, 2018, 11:01:31 AM
As the Crow Flies
4/17/2018
Chris Robinson, Adam MacDougall, Tony Leone, Audley Freed, Andy Hess, Marcus King

Remedy
Sting Me
Twice As Hard
By Your Side
I Can't Stand The Rain
Nonfiction
Wiser Time
She Talks To Angels
Thorn In My Pride
My Morning Song
Jealous Again

Encore:
I'd Love To Change The World

Summary:
First night of tour with this band, and it felt like it. Started out a bit hesitant, but they started to stretch and jam more and more as the night went on, then absolutely crushed HTH>Hush>HTH.  After seeing both Circles and the CRB earlier this year, it was great to hear some Crowes tunes.

Show was totally oversold and the place was packed, as more of these Cap shows seem to be these days. Overall, if you're a Crowes fan, go see this lineup as I think they're only going to get better as the tour progresses.

Show was taped. Will give it a listen.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=599111
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

Quote from: mopper_smurf on April 19, 2018, 02:37:23 AM
Quote from: shoreline99 on April 18, 2018, 11:01:31 AM
As the Crow Flies
4/17/2018

Remedy
Sting Me
Twice As Hard
By Your Side
I Can't Stand The Rain
Nonfiction
Wiser Time
She Talks To Angels
Thorn In My Pride
My Morning Song
Jealous Again

Encore:
I'd Love To Change The World

Summary:

Show was taped. Will give it a listen.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=599111

Pretty sure they had webcast this too, with relix....so the whole show should be up on youtube, or at least segments pro shot.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

nakedpa

Saw The Mallett Brothers w/ Fish in CT last week.  They were good for some folky, backcountry feels.  Kind of a random little tour for Fish to hop on.  I thought maybe he was friends with the band and hopped on the tour to get them some publicity, which worked, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see em.  Not a bad band by any means and I enjoyed the show

jam>

Quote from: nakedpa on April 23, 2018, 08:25:57 PM
Saw The Mallett Brothers w/ Fish in CT last week.  They were good for some folky, backcountry feels.  Kind of a random little tour for Fish to hop on.  I thought maybe he was friends with the band and hopped on the tour to get them some publicity, which worked, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see em.  Not a bad band by any means and I enjoyed the show

Damn, there are a lot of strings in that band.