News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

yeah, mine came yesterday.  They look great.

susep

Quote from: mattstick on March 31, 2020, 02:55:11 PM

Received Maiden Voyage and Idle Moments SRX from Music Matters today.

Gonna sneak in a side or two before Dinner and a Movie tonight...

Hoping to snag MV on the re-sale. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on April 01, 2020, 01:55:56 PM

It was probably the release I was most excited about, besides Blue Train.  I hope Empyrean Isles gets an SRX release.

susep

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 01, 2020, 07:05:07 PM

It was probably the release I was most excited about, besides Blue Train.  I hope Empyrean Isles gets an SRX release.

These SRX are too good to pass up.  Stoked for Cannonball's Somethin' Else. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on April 02, 2020, 03:21:10 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 01, 2020, 07:05:07 PM

These SRX are too good to pass up.  Stoked for Cannonball's Somethin' Else.

Yeah, I broke down and bought the two Johnny Griffin's from last year that were still available.

mattstick

Idle Moments is crazy good.  The downtempo titles seem to really benefit from the SRX formula.

Or maybe I'm taking too many cannabis oil gelcap, not sure.

susep

Quote from: mattstick on April 03, 2020, 04:07:29 PM

Or maybe I'm taking too many cannabis oil gelcap, not sure.

:mrgreen:

Multibeast12

Ordered the new Thundercat and a copy of VMP's version of Demon Days. The Demon Days was unplayable, every track skipped beyond belief. I went on Discogs to get a new copy. I have gotten leary of them after that experience. But I guess any vinyl can skip. But that bad was a little heart breaking.

Hicks

Quote from: Multibeast12 on April 03, 2020, 07:00:09 PM
Ordered the new Thundercat and a copy of VMP's version of Demon Days. The Demon Days was unplayable, every track skipped beyond belief. I went on Discogs to get a new copy. I have gotten leary of them after that experience. But I guess any vinyl can skip. But that bad was a little heart breaking.

Probably was warped? Which could've happened during shipping. 

I've been really happy with VMP, if you let them know about it they'll send you another one. Their remaster sounds amazing btw. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Multibeast12

Quote from: Hicks on April 03, 2020, 08:18:37 PM

I've been really happy with VMP, if you let them know about it they'll send you another one. Their remaster sounds amazing btw.

I guess the repress of that album a bunch of peoples were messed up. But knowing the vinyl problem we all have, I will most likely order from them again.

Also, ordered a new stylus because mine is fucked up and the whole head cartridge is dragging slightly on the vinyl. I dont know if a new stylus will fix it. But it was an old one anyway, so if it works yay. If not. I have no idea how to fix it.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Multibeast12 on April 04, 2020, 08:23:31 AM

I guess the repress of that album a bunch of peoples were messed up. But knowing the vinyl problem we all have, I will most likely order from them again.

Also, ordered a new stylus because mine is fucked up and the whole head cartridge is dragging slightly on the vinyl. I dont know if a new stylus will fix it. But it was an old one anyway, so if it works yay. If not. I have no idea how to fix it.

There should be a counterweight or some adjustment that adjust tracking force.  Try and locate the manual for your TT online. Unless you have something fucked up with your tone arm or how the cart/shell is attached.

Multibeast12

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 04, 2020, 11:26:17 AM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on April 04, 2020, 08:23:31 AM

There should be a counterweight or some adjustment that adjust tracking force.  Try and locate the manual for your TT online. Unless you have something fucked up with your tone arm or how the cart/shell is attached.

I've rebalanced it. I had to move it so I could fit a desk in my apartment since I've been work from home. I hope that didnt fuck anything up. I didn't  drop it or anything. It never did this before so that is why I am thinking it could be a worn out stylus.

Hicks

If your cartridge is dragging on the record I'm pretty sure that's an alignment issue. Tone arm or the cartridge itself probably needs to be adjusted. Maybe tracking force, but it would have to be way off for that to happen. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Multibeast12

Quote from: Hicks on April 04, 2020, 11:00:52 PM
If your cartridge is dragging on the record I'm pretty sure that's an alignment issue. Tone arm or the cartridge itself probably needs to be adjusted. Maybe tracking force, but it would have to be way off for that to happen.

My table is a Technics SL-1700 and does not appear to have the ability to adjust the tone arm height.

Multibeast12

Update: New Stylus fixed the issue and I can spin vinyl again!!!  :banana: