News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

SOTG slipmat back up at DG if anyone missed it and is looking to grab it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 23, 2020, 04:51:49 PM

I got my Herbies slipmat.  They were shutdown because of corona but opened up a coupe of weeks ago.  The thing is super sweet.  Def took care of any static issues I was having.  My felt mat was coming up with the disc every time I went to flip or remove.  Was driving me crazy.  A lot of people claim a significant sonic improvement.  I haven't played enough records to really determine that though I do notice a slightly tighter bottom end.  But that's probably just my mind playing tricks on me to convince me $60 on a slipmat isn't insane.  But I am very happy with it for sure.  The reviews speak for themselves: https://herbiesaudiolab.com/products/way-excellent-ii-turntable-mat?variant=12654105919543

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 23, 2020, 09:46:11 PM

I got my Herbies slipmat.  They were shutdown because of corona but opened up a coupe of weeks ago.  The thing is super sweet.  Def took care of any static issues I was having.  My felt mat was coming up with the disc every time I went to flip or remove.  Was driving me crazy.  A lot of people claim a significant sonic improvement.  I haven't played enough records to really determine that though I do notice a slightly tighter bottom end.  But that's probably just my mind playing tricks on me to convince me $60 on a slipmat isn't insane.  But I am very happy with it for sure.  The reviews speak for themselves: https://herbiesaudiolab.com/products/way-excellent-ii-turntable-mat?variant=12654105919543

There are definitely times when I can hear some slight distortion due to static, but it's not really very often, so I'm not very motivated to do anything about it.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 23, 2020, 10:18:59 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 23, 2020, 09:46:11 PM

Yeah, I've never had that, or common static issues really, just the mat kept sticking.  Especially to SRX for some reason.

There are definitely times when I can hear some slight distortion due to static, but it's not really very often, so I'm not very motivated to do anything about it.

PIE-GUY

I have that problem with felt coming up with the record - but a couple of shots from the Milty Zerostat cures it for at least the next couple of records and flips. I'm pretty sure someone on here recommended it to me... regardless, it works pretty well.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

No surprise here, still thoroughly impressed with Blue Note's Tone Poet series.  Finally received my copy of Duke-Max Roach-Mingus - Money Jungle.  Superb production all the way.  Between TPoet and Music Matters, its nice to have access to quality pressings.       

mattstick

Bought this most excellent 2LP comp of Stax Soul duets on Discogs for $11, lots more cheap copies up there still.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10846

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Boy-Meets-Girl/release/13488819

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2020, 09:27:45 PM
Bought this most excellent 2LP comp of Stax Soul duets on Discogs for $11, lots more cheap copies up there still.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10846

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Boy-Meets-Girl/release/13488819

Good lookin out.  Gonna put that on the list.  I've also been digging the new Rose City Band.  About to pull the trigger on the vinyl.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 28, 2020, 10:53:11 PM
I've also been digging the new Rose City Band.  About to pull the trigger on the vinyl.

I love their new album! I ordered the Orange and Blue Splatter variant, but the one they put up after I ordered mine, Summer Sunset Orange, looks a bit cooler. It's a great mood album for drinking on the back porch this time of year.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 29, 2020, 07:52:21 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 28, 2020, 10:53:11 PM
I've also been digging the new Rose City Band.  About to pull the trigger on the vinyl.

I love their new album! I ordered the Orange and Blue Splatter variant, but the onw they put up after the one I ordered mine, Summer Sunset Orange, looks a bit cooler. It's a great mood album for drinking on the back porch this time of year.

Don't sleep. It's a great record.

New Woods is a jam too.

Caravan2001

I need some more cubes.  Is the Kallax the best option?  I just need the 4 cube for the space i have and it's only $50, but wondering if those work OK?  I have the older versions, can't remember what they are called but I thought I heard something negative  about the Kallax?  It's only temporary anyway until I can shelve out the closet I am shoving the Kallax into..

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 04, 2020, 03:09:53 PM
I need some more cubes.  Is the Kallax the best option?  I just need the 4 cube for the space i have and it's only $50, but wondering if those work OK?  I have the older versions, can't remember what they are called but I thought I heard something negative  about the Kallax?  It's only temporary anyway until I can shelve out the closet I am shoving the Kallax into..

The Kallax are thinner than the previous Expedits, but they're fine.

I've got a 16 cube Kallax that's full and it's sturdy enough. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on June 04, 2020, 06:10:56 PM
I need some more cubes.  Is the Kallax the best option?  I just need the 4 cube for the space i have and it's only $50, but wondering if those work OK?  I have the older versions, can't remember what they are called but I thought I heard something negative  about the Kallax?  It's only temporary anyway until I can shelve out the closet I am shoving it the Kallax into..

I've got a 25 that's holding up nicely.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 04, 2020, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: Hicks on June 04, 2020, 06:10:56 PM
I need some more cubes.  Is the Kallax the best option?  I just need the 4 cube for the space i have and it's only $50, but wondering if those work OK?  I have the older versions, can't remember what they are called but I thought I heard something negative  about the Kallax?  It's only temporary anyway until I can shelve out the closet I am shoving it the Kallax into..

I've got a 25 that's holding up nicely.

We finally have an Ikea here and I've been toying with getting myself a Kallax. The only thing holding me back is that the Ikea is an hour drive north.  So it's $20 shipping and wait a month, or an hour there and an hour back and have it the day I buy it.

I am not completely out of storage space yet, so it hasn't been a big priority. But it will be necessary fairly soon.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Augustus

Would you drive two hours to hear Pigtail?
Just go to IKEA.