News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Lure Social

Started by Caravan2001, July 27, 2018, 02:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Apologies if there is already a thread on this?

http://luresocial.com is essentially a fantasy league for picking setlists/songs.  The Osirus podcasts have been talking it up so I figured I would check it out.  I know that RJ is on it.  Is anyone else on it?  I have a few different text threads going with friends where we do a pick 5 (which in a lot of ways is easier than picking a ton of songs) but the UI of this is pretty cool and it tracks everything for you.  And you get to play against a ton of other people.  I have not actually done it yet, my first picks are in for tonight's Forum show.  I anyone else on it?  What is your handle?  Unfortunately, it does not look like it has the option to add friends yet, which would make it easier to track how you are doing against the people you know.  Still it looks pretty cool. I do have a complaint about the available songs though.  You pick your songs from a drop down menu and unless I was doing it wrong, they are missing a ton of songs, for example, in the Bust Out category I couldn't get Dog Log/Doggone Dog or Curtis Lowe to come up.  They need to fix that stat.  Was doing it on my phone though so, that might have been the issue.

PIE-GUY

just signed up and put in a setlist for tonight.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

It's pretty cool and easy to use.
Definitely worth hitting them on Twitter if they're missing a song (I think you're right re: Dog Log) They respond quickly.

Caravan2001

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 27, 2018, 02:50:22 PM
just signed up and put in a setlist for tonight.

Word.  I think I'll be able to determine your handle  :wink:

Let the smack talk begin.  I'm gunning for you fools!

mehead

I signed up a few days ago but totally blanked on putting in my setlists for the SF shows.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 27, 2018, 02:54:42 PM
Definitely worth hitting them on Twitter if they're missing a song (I think you're right re: Dog Log) They respond quickly.

Done.  Couldn't find Alumni Blues either so basically, they are missing my 3 favorite songs  :|

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 27, 2018, 03:21:50 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 27, 2018, 02:54:42 PM

Done.  Couldn't find Alumni Blues either so basically, they are missing my 3 favorite songs  :|

And I see they already hit you back!

jam>

Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

Bobafett

I'm on and will be playing tomorrow night.  I did the first show in a hurry and only hit two songs.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

I've changed mine a bunch today.  You know, with all my spare time  :roll: