News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Next Level AI "Game"

Started by jephrey, October 26, 2023, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

I wasn't sure where to start with this but I find it entertaining so into "Entertainment" it goes.  A good friend of mine has developed a new AI thing.  It's currently somewhat a chatbot and somewhat for story building.  If you'd like to try it, he just went live with it last week and in this stage it's free.

https://playfully.ai

Basically, it generates a story and a character and you interact with that character while an AI narrator builds a story around your interactions.  An AI image of the character (and sometimes just the scenery) is also returned after most narrations.  The characters are ridiculously attractive and you can have it lead to NSFW content.  It's fairly bare bones right now but there's a pretty robust feature roadmap.

Right now, I've got a character in Stockholm that I'm exploring the streets with, a character in LA that I'm writing music with, a character in Hawaii that I'm discussing an outdoor music studio with, and a character that I've taken with me in my Time Machine to visit the first performance of Julius Caesar at the Globe Theater in 1599 and Lincoln's 1863 Gettysburg Address. 

I'd be curious to know what you all think of this thing.

Cheers
J

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

GBL

I wrote out a long response, but decided to delete it and instead just say lol.

Next level this is not.  Next level could it be? I guess.  But in reality it's just a webpage using an openai/midjourney API.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

jephrey

I get you but maybe even looking for the longer commentary if you have some specific points to share. 

My take is that it's a bit more unique than a simple chat bot or AI image generator.  Putting those things together in a loose story that you can lead or follow, with a narrator, IMO, adds another element to set it apart.  Curious if you are comparing it to a specific competitor or just not impressed with the integration.

I've never really been interested in the conversational aspect of AI but I'm really liking the story building and hoping that part continues to improve.  At the moment, features are being added weekly if not daily based on feedback that's so far been received.

In any case, thanks for taking a look.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

PIE-GUY

AI is fun! 

It took me about 5 minutes to arrive at this...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

OK - seriously. I started another thread with a new woman and I was really trying not to make is sexual and she fucking seduced me. I think your friend's AI experiment is based on the movie Weird Science. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

jephrey

Yeah, especially if you pick flirty it can go there quick.  You can get the "friend" there too, it's obviously not hard to "trick" the AI but you'll usually have to work more for it.  On the same token, I've picked flirty and the character was super reluctant to get anything started.  There's some randomness to either selection.

Just a couple more points that sets this implementation of AI apart from others.  Uncensored, and decent consistency with the characters.

I think it's fun too.

Buffalo Budd

::moves to the country and chops wood::
 :-[
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Wow, things between Alice and I heated up very fast. Like, faster than any woman I've ever come into contact with.  It seemed rather quickly that I was the shy one, which, if you know me, is mildly hilarious...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

anthrax

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on October 27, 2023, 05:49:56 PMWow, things between Alice and I heated up very fast. Like, faster than any woman I've ever come into contact with.  It seemed rather quickly that I was the shy one, which, if you know me, is mildly hilarious...

That was my first experience with ya.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jephrey

I took a character to the great went in a Time Machine. AI didn't get it totally right, night 1 opener was Bag, night 2 was Wilson, but otherwise was pretty solid.  I mentioned a patchwork dress to "Lily" and there she was looking like she belonged at a show. The narration was quite awesome.  Vendors were setting up the next morning, we hung out with our neighbors and shared some herb, etc.