News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2009-06-16 Fox Theater - St. Louis, MO - Official Roll Call Thread

Started by StCarl, March 25, 2009, 11:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2009, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: Hicks on April 08, 2009, 04:53:45 PM
I would consider divorcing my wife to hit this.

Just kidding.

But seriously she would leave me if I told her I was flying to St. Louis of all places to see Phish.

Why else would you go to St. Louis.

i can think of a few reasons... but thats just cause i live in nebraska. :frustrated:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Just kidding.

But seriously she would leave me if I told her I was flying to St. Louis of all places to see Phish.

My wife said I could go, because I have a free plane ticket and it is just one night.  If I told her I was ditching work for 4 days to see a 3 show run, she would not be feeling it.  She also has no idea how much these tickets cost, but I have put out some feelers to those that might be able to help and will wait to see what they come back with.  I think it would be worth it to fly in for the one show, since the venue looks so nice.  Flight is 5 1/2 hours from Portland including one connection/layover.....

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on April 08, 2009, 11:15:51 PM

Just kidding.

My wife said I could go, because I have a free plane ticket and it is just one night.  If I told her I was ditching work for 4 days to see a 3 show run, she would not be feeling it.  She also has no idea how much these tickets cost, but I have put out some feelers to those that might be able to help and will wait to see what they come back with.  I think it would be worth it to fly in for the one show, since the venue looks so nice.  Flight is 5 1/2 hours from Portland including one connection/layover.....
i'll pick you up from the airport in a lexus if you can get two.  :wink:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2009, 10:31:49 PM

Just kidding.

Why else would you go to St. Louis.

To see the house Nelly grew up in maybe?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

-AD_

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Welp, I got a ticket....a plane ticket that is, so I will be there.  I might be on the sidewalk, but I'll be there.....

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: caravan2001 on April 09, 2009, 09:04:13 PM
Welp, I got a ticket....a plane ticket that is, so I will be there.  I might be on the sidewalk, but I'll be there.....

I'll be there with you, hopefully both of us celebrating that we score a couple tix!  :banana:

Any idea where you're staying or how you're getting around?
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Caravan2001

Not sure if I am renting a car or what.  Right now I have a room at the Airport Renaissance (Marriott), which is rad for an airport hotel, and it is $69.00 with AAA discount, which knocks a $100 off their rate.  The regular Marriott is $169, $159 with AAA, so I booked the Renaissance obviously.  The hotel could change, but when I saw the rate I reserved it.  I am flying back out at 6:30AM, so I am leaning toward the airport hotel, especially since I am solo....If Slim picks me up in the Lex ( :wink:) I might just roll with him and cab it back after the show....If I have to do a rental I will, but trying to keep this trip as low budget as I can...

Blaise

Quote from: Hicks on April 09, 2009, 12:25:32 PM
Quote from: guyforget on April 09, 2009, 12:22:48 PM

Oh man, I forgot about that one.  Can you say "rock bottom"?

haha, totally forget about that as well. I feel like the backstory to that meeting would make that photo complete. as in completely funny.

Play_It_Leo

Keep me updated caravan. When does your flight get in? I could also possibly swing by the airport, although depending on the time of day my kids may be along for the ride.

Gotta love that AAA discount.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

whyweigh5.0

Id love to be able to just get a room and crash out in St. Louis after the show.  Might actually do that since there is a day off before Star Lake
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Caravan2001

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on April 09, 2009, 10:37:56 PM
Keep me updated caravan. When does your flight get in? I could also possibly swing by the airport, although depending on the time of day my kids may be along for the ride.

Gotta love that AAA discount.

Cool...yeah, the AAA discount is usually only $10 or so bucks, but this one is a "AAA Special", which I have never seen come up on the Marriott site...Anyway,  I will keep you posted.  I think I land at 1:15 which gives me time to hit the hotee and head to the show....Haven;t been to St. Louis in a looong time, looking forward to it....Are you from there?  How far is the drive from the airport to the venue?  I could get a hotel close to the venue, even though the Fox website says the closest ones are downtown, so I think with an early flight, the airport hotel is the way to go...Not like I am going to be raging after the show, I get back at noon with the time change will be heading straight to work  :|