News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Death by Whale poll

Started by VA $l!m, July 11, 2010, 12:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 12, 2010, 04:31:11 PM
i still dont think there was a single Pauger that didnt have an 3P1C time down in VA. 1 high st FTW!!

QFMFT.

You picked the right one to show up for Slim, that's for sure.
Bring in the dude!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Okay, so I'm grossly outnumbered here.

Do y'all hate the whale call in SOAM because you don't like that style of jamming (falling apart, dissonance)

or because it has taken place of, what used to be, a great jam vehicle that could go anywhere?

Let me guess, both?  :-D
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 05:09:02 PM

Do y'all hate the whale call in SOAM because you don't like that style of jamming (falling apart, dissonance)

or because it has taken place of, what used to be, a great jam vehicle that could go anywhere?

In this case, I would go with the latter.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 05:03:01 PM
Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 12, 2010, 04:31:11 PM
i still dont think there was a single Pauger that didnt have an 3P1C time down in VA. 1 high st FTW!!

QFMFT.

You picked the right one to show up for Slim, that's for sure.

slimstradamus
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Honestly if Bowie had been included I might have chosen it since the last two versions left such a terrible taste in my mouth.

But Split is all about tension and release and all out sonic insanity, the whale call brings neither of those qualities.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2010, 05:17:57 PM

Honestly if Bowie had been included I might have chosen it since the last two versions left such a terrible taste in my mouth.

But Split is all about tension and release and all out sonic insanity, the whale call brings neither of those qualities.

This
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 12, 2010, 05:26:21 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2010, 05:17:57 PM

This
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

G. Augusto

The new Split is just boring... :|
Last good one was 07-15-1999.

mistercharlie

Quote from: G. Augusto on July 12, 2010, 05:39:07 PM
07-22-03 wasn't bad.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 12, 2010, 05:41:46 PM
07-22-03 wasn't bad.

Red Rocks was decent, not great, but decent.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2010, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 12, 2010, 05:41:46 PM
07-22-03 wasn't bad.

Red Rocks was decent, not great, but decent.

mother nature helped that one along a bit
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mehead

Quote from: antelope19 on July 12, 2010, 05:10:17 PM

In this case, I would go with the latter.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sunrisevt

I would like to take this opportunity to encourage all of you to read out loud the title of this thread.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 12, 2010, 10:06:25 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to encourage all of you to read out loud the title of this thread.