News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HOLY LIVING F%@&!

Started by sunrisevt, January 15, 2009, 04:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

I just looked up and my NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR's garage is belching flames out the bay door. Smoke covering that end of the street.

Shit... I hope no one's hurt. And not a good time to be put out of your house. Today's high: 6 F.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

antelope19

Damn.  Hope everyone's ok.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

alcoholandcoffeebeans

holy hell.

hope you can get a hold of them!   :|
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

nab

Did someone call the fire dept?

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sunrisevt

Update: everyone's safe & healthy. The volunteer fire dept. was on the street by the time I got downstairs. Still there now--the garage is going to be a total loss, not sure about the house.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

And, uh, for the record, I did not notice the house fire next door and immediately post to the 'paug about it. Sheesh.

That's it, below, after about five minutes of water pumped in.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 15, 2009, 05:06:05 PM
Update: everyone's safe & healthy. The volunteer fire dept. was on the street by the time I got downstairs. Still there now--the garage is going to be a total loss, not sure about the house.

wow, that's some scary stuff. Glad to hear everyone is ok!
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Yes, and warm--came over here for a while to warm up (shots help  :beers:) and they're already set up to stay with friends.

Caravan2001

yikes.....That's majorly sketch....

sunrisevt

More of the story--the old guy over there does car repair in the garage when he's out of work, which he has been for a few weeks. He was cleaning out a fuel line & filter, when a lightbulb popped and threw a spark. They shoveled a bunch of snow on top if it, but they couldn't go fast enough--lots of oil, solvents, etc. in there. We're all lucky it wasn't worse; the propane tank for their furnace was right outside the garage.

His old lady stayed with a friend last night, but he wouldn't leave. He's lived in that house since he was six months old.