News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

looked and didnt see it...
if i'm gonna be around here, its a must.
<<HUGE NBA FAN.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

Thunder Up! Taking on the Lakers tonight, gunna smash them out.

Thunder VS Heat/Bulls nba championship game.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zimbra

Wow...

Can't believe nobody likes basketball anymore.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: zimbra on March 07, 2012, 01:38:18 AM
Wow...

I think Conan described it best.  "The NBA lockout is finally over, ladies and gentlemen!  Now the nation can go back to not giving a crap about basketball until the finals!"
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phil

Quote from: zimbra on March 07, 2012, 01:38:18 AM
Wow...

I like basketball. ACC tournament starts tomorrow. It's a more high-brow version of march madness (fewer one-and-done players, players that actually attend class, etc.).
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Hicks

This season doesn't count.

Just ask my fantasy team.   :|
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

JPhishman

Quote from: Hicks on March 12, 2012, 12:18:25 PM

and the Blazers.  :shakehead:

Talk about phoning it in. You would think Trey had taken over as head coach.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Hicks

Quote from: JPhishman on March 12, 2012, 02:39:19 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 12, 2012, 12:18:25 PM

and the Blazers.  :shakehead:

Talk about phoning it in. You would think Trey had taken over as head coach.

Yeah that too, I haven't seen many games because we axed the cable and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

We should probably be giving Andre Miller's agent a call right about now.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: zimbra on February 23, 2012, 03:21:39 PM

your a lucky man this year bud.
wow the thunder are ridiculous.
i'm a lifetime eastern conference and knicks fan, but i love KD. i really hope he can get mvp this year.

phil

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 13, 2012, 07:52:09 PM
Quote from: zimbra on February 23, 2012, 03:21:39 PM

your a lucky man this year bud.
wow the thunder are ridiculous.
i'm a lifetime eastern conference and knicks fan, but i love KD. i really hope he can get mvp this year.

KD makes a strong argument but honestly LeBron is on another level than anyone else in the league over the course of the season. The numbers alone are MVP-worthy, and then you go and actually watch a few games...dude simply doesn't seem human with some of the stuff he's able to do
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VA $l!m

shit! wow! --what a week for the NBA!

this shortened season is just ridiculous. i cant believe they squeezed in all the games in 2/3 the time.

a bunch of crazy trades happened this week at the deadline. mostly a ton of small moving parts; mostly for teams clearing cap space.
the new CB agreement and short season has a ton of teams in restructuring mode for the rest of the year.

HICKS!!!---Man! they blew the Blazers to bits! unbelievable. i thought they were doing great early in the year, and now the bottom has fallen out. At least they got rid of Oden's contract, along with the Kitchen sink!!

----and best of all, D'antoni got Fired!! :banana: :banana: i called it last week, ==thank god they pulled trigger.
3 STRaight Wins including Back to Back vs the #5 in the East PAcers! w00t!! GO KNICKS BABY!!

phil

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 18, 2012, 03:13:18 AM
a bunch of crazy trades happened this week at the deadline. mostly a ton of small moving parts; mostly for teams clearing cap space.
the new CB agreement and short season has a ton of teams in restructuring mode for the rest of the year.

It sucked to see Nene leave the Nuggets, but as a Wizards fan I couldn't be happier about having him in dc. It's unfortunate the Nugs have to put up with Javale McGee not playing up to even a quarter of his potential but his contract is up at the end of the year, leaving the nugs room to make a splash in free agency. I just hope they keep up the superstar-less thing they've got going. It's exciting to watch an nba team that actually runs an offense instead of waiting for one or two "superstar" players to get open on every possession (which is imo why the knicks have struggled since melo came back into the lineup)

VA $l!m

Quote from: phil on March 18, 2012, 09:14:59 AM

It sucked to see Nene leave the Nuggets, but as a Wizards fan I couldn't be happier about having him in dc. It's unfortunate the Nugs have to put up with Javale McGee not playing up to even a quarter of his potential but his contract is up at the end of the year, leaving the nugs room to make a splash in free agency. I just hope they keep up the superstar-less thing they've got going. It's exciting to watch an nba team that actually runs an offense instead of waiting for one or two "superstar" players to get open on every possession (which is imo why the knicks have struggled since melo came back into the lineup)

total generalization,, though i understand what you mean.
really it has nothing to do with melo though-- IE the last 3 games they dominated. it was ALL the non meshing of D'antoni's outdated offensive schemes and a bunch of players that didnt fit the spec of what would work in his offense.
THANK GOD HE's GONE.
i don't dislike D'antoni, but he was 100% a horrible fit for the roster we have ATM.
trust me, the rest of the season is going to be a complete 180.

phil

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 20, 2012, 01:07:27 AM
Quote from: phil on March 18, 2012, 09:14:59 AM

total generalization,, though i understand what you mean.
really it has nothing to do with melo though-- IE the last 3 games they dominated. it was ALL the non meshing of D'antoni's outdated offensive schemes and a bunch of players that didnt fit the spec of what would work in his offense.
THANK GOD HE's GONE.
i don't dislike D'antoni, but he was 100% a horrible fit for the roster we have ATM.
trust me, the rest of the season is going to be a complete 180.

I definitely agree about d'antoni, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the Nuggets went 18-7 the rest of last season after the melo trade (the knicks are hovering right around .500 since the trade iirc). Not to say he can't get it done (because he is a straight up scoring MACHINE) but I question his decisionmaking/clutchness at times.

phil

Nene makes his Wiz debut tonight. I'm pumped about the future of this team. Wall, Nene, and the ownership are all on the same page. Good supporting cast. We need a solid coach (NOT simply a big-name coach) and I think we'll be a force in the east.

I just don't care about the Nuggets anymore without Nene. But at least now I don't have to be ashamed to be a wiz fan.

Edit: Wiz SMACKED the nets. Nene with 22pts 10reb in his wizards debut. Jordan Crawford with 23 points. John Wall with 12 and 8. This team is going places.