News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Hilarious video! Kyrie Irving schooling kids on the playground dressed up like an old man!

http://devour.com/video/uncle-drew/
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mehead

Awesome!

Hospital shoes   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ytowndan

Hilarious!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phil

http://www.bloggerstobenamedlater.com/2012/02/01/dead-to-me-list-1-the-nba/

http://www.bloggerstobenamedlater.com/2012/06/06/teamless-in-seattle/#more-4366

two great articles about the travesty of the supersonics leaving seattle

eta: great headline from the washington post

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

After clawing through the Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs we have beaten the three teams that combine for the last 10 of 13 NBA championships.  I think we match up better against the Celtics than the Heat but I'd love to beat the Heat in the NBA Finals and rub Phil's face in it.   THUNDER UP!

I just love how you hate Clay Bennett so much, check out this picture.  I bet it makes your blood boil.

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

He has a look on his face that says "I wonder what David Stern and I can collude over next"

Remember when Kevin Durant was cool?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mattstick

Imagine how the people of Quebec feel...

Montreal Expos get jerked around by MLB then move to Washington where they don't even recognize their retired numbers... Now their retired numbers are honoured by the Montreal Canadiens

Quebec Nordiques move to Colorado then win the Stanley Cup the next year.

phil

I expect this to be a great series. Miami will lose game 1 because they'll be adjusting to OKC (very different style of play than Boston). After that it's a crap-shoot, imo. The Heat in game 7 against Boston showed a side of themselves that we haven't seen before; they didn't just close out that game, they fucking slammed the door in Boston's face.

Either way, the seven game series concept in pro basketball is kind of whack, imo. It's not like baseball where you have a different starting pitcher each night. With basketball the teams are largely the same night-to-night (barring serious injury to a key player), so the only things that change are the gameplans and random chance. It would be awesome if we had normal playoffs instead of this series business (it works in college), but then David $tern wouldn't be able to sell seven games worth of tv ads. I don't want to potentially have to wait through seven games to see who the champion is, I want to know tomorrow night.

phil

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/06/11/ep-840-nba-finals-preview/

Finals preview from one of my favorite basketball blogs, The Basketball Jones. If you've got thirty minutes, it's a good video.

phil

Quote from: phil on June 11, 2012, 12:04:26 PM
Miami will lose game 1

Great game 1 even though it didn't feature the team I like winning. Sort of starting to feel like I'm talking to myself in here, though.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

phil

Thomas Robinson working out for the Wiz right now. He's a hometown cat and I'd be stoked to land him with the #3 pick. Would definitely increase our presence down low, him and Nene could be scary good together imo.

Buffalo Budd

This year's finals have been fun basketball to watch, I don't care who you are.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

phil

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 21, 2012, 05:11:40 PM

This is America. I can't take a sport seriously that isn't dominated by black players.

::goes back to only caring about football and basketball::