News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

fuck Lebron.

that is all.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

kellerb

Quote from: phil on June 21, 2012, 06:50:09 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 21, 2012, 05:11:40 PM

This is America. I can't take a sport seriously that isn't dominated by black players.

::goes back to only caring about football and basketball::

While I agree in reality, all I have to do is explain to black people the amount of money and tail they'd get in "disney on ice" (which I assume is plan b for shitty hockey players) and your argument would be moot.

phil

I'm not sure where to put this, but here's a direct quote from Metta World Peace regarding cheese:

QuoteSome cheeses you eat don’t process at all. Research it. Some cheeses can sit out over night and become razor sharp.

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 10, 2012, 11:53:18 PM
Dwight a Laker

yeah i heard somethin happened second hand today.
too lazy to find out the details.
who did they trade?
i'm assuming gasol or bynum is gone.

regardless, should be interesting to see if Dwight can check his ego enough to play with KObe.
Might be worth a few laughs.
honestly Dwight has pretty much ruined his rep over the last few years in orlando.
can't beleive he acted like such a baby and destroyed that franchise and then bailed.
what a douche.

also, i know hicks is a blazers fan. i was thrilled to hear B ROy was going to try and make a comeback.
too bad he's not allowed to rejoin the same team. maybe he'll make it back there one day.
man, portland def. has some of the worst luck in the nba. shame it has to happen to one of the best franchises.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

Kobe Bryant's wife:

QuoteI certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships. If you're sacrificing time away from my family and myself for the benefit of winning championships, then winning a championship should happen every single year.

Uh... what the fuck?

/via
Is this still Wombat?

phil

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 17, 2012, 09:43:13 AM
Kobe Bryant's wife:

QuoteI certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships. If you're sacrificing time away from my family and myself for the benefit of winning championships, then winning a championship should happen every single year.

Uh... what the fuck?

/via

This is the same woman who stayed with her husband after he raped a hotel maid simply because he bought her a mondo diamond ring. I'd say Los Angeles suits her particularly well. Also, Kobe probably was smart enough to get a pre-nup and Vanessa Bryant doesn't seem like the kind of girl that could handle not being retardedly wealthy. She threw out the possibility of divorce as the proverbial nuclear threat.

What a gold-digging bitch.

zimbra

"Cheaper to keep her"
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

http://insidebiz.com/news/sources-sacramento-kings-may-move-virginia-beach-arena-deal-works

The owners of the Sacramento Kings, an NBA franchise, and officials from Philadelphia-based Comcast-Spectacor are expected to be in Virginia Beach Tuesday to propose moving the team to the resort city and for Comcast to help build and lease a new pro sports arena.

A deal between the Maloof family, which owns the Sacramento Kings, and the city of Sacramento for a $391 million entertainment complex fell apart three months ago and it has been reported that the owners are looking for a city for their franchise.

Media giant Comcast will guarantee a 25-year lease on a new arena, supposedly for naming rights and for broadcasting the games, sources said. Comcast owns NBC and Global Spectrum, which operates arenas and stadiums across the country including the Ted Constant Convocation Center at Old Dominion University.

City officials and the Maloof family are expected to announce Wednesday that the Kings will land in Virginia Beach, sources said. 

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 23, 2012, 03:11:02 PM
http://insidebiz.com/news/sources-sacramento-kings-may-move-virginia-beach-arena-deal-works

The owners of the Sacramento Kings, an NBA franchise, and officials from Philadelphia-based Comcast-Spectacor are expected to be in Virginia Beach Tuesday to propose moving the team to the resort city and for Comcast to help build and lease a new pro sports arena.

A deal between the Maloof family, which owns the Sacramento Kings, and the city of Sacramento for a $391 million entertainment complex fell apart three months ago and it has been reported that the owners are looking for a city for their franchise.

Media giant Comcast will guarantee a 25-year lease on a new arena, supposedly for naming rights and for broadcasting the games, sources said. Comcast owns NBC and Global Spectrum, which operates arenas and stadiums across the country including the Ted Constant Convocation Center at Old Dominion University.

City officials and the Maloof family are expected to announce Wednesday that the Kings will land in Virginia Beach, sources said.

Fuck that.

The Maloofs are the most comically terrible owners in the history of professional sports.

I'm still a Wizards fan.

UncleEbinezer

I'm not a big NBA fan, but very excited about this.  I was talking to my wife about this and we can't quite figure where they would locate the arena.  My gut tells me the ocean front which would suck.  I'm hoping for this big spot about 2 miles from my house.  Its central to the city, near what should be a light rail line, the interstate, etc. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on August 23, 2012, 04:46:47 PM

Fuck that.

The Maloofs are the most comically terrible owners in the history of professional sports.

I'm still a Wizards fan.

FYI - The Bullets blow and almost always have...

Enjoy.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 23, 2012, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: phil on August 23, 2012, 04:46:47 PM

Fuck that.

I'm still a Wizards fan.

FYI - The Bullets blow and almost always have...

Enjoy.

I have a thing for crappy teams (keep in mind I'm both a Redskins fan and a UVa. fan)

VA $l!m

:bump d ole thread:

I'm super excited as always for NBA this year!

Some fantastic storylines already in the young season.

- Dwight and Nash head to L.A. and start 0-3.
- Brooklyn sees its first major sports team in over 50 years. Go Nets!
- OKC trades Harden to Houston. He teams up with Jeremy Lin and goes Bonkers his first two games.
- Ray Allen sells out and moves to the Miami machine.
- D. Rose still out with major injury to start the season, along with many other key players around the league. Andrew Bynum in particular after being moved to Philly from the Lakers.

-- & MY KNICKS!!!
i'm very excited after a great 3-0 start and the opening night win vs. the defending champs.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-