News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

NUggets have been killin it too! Ty Lawson is beast!

VA $l!m

playoffs off to a great start.
KNICKS win!

this year might have the best 1st round matchups across the board i've ever seen in a playoffs.
7/8 series could really go either way and have great chances to go the distance.

going to be a nice escape for me for the next few months.
game on.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 20, 2013, 05:50:11 PM
this year might have the best 1st round matchups across the board i've ever seen in a playoffs.

lol, every single announcer agreed with Barkley when he said this is currently and is going to be the worst first round in a long, long time.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VA $l!m

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 23, 2013, 03:12:54 AM

lol, every single announcer agreed with Barkley when he said this is currently and is going to be the worst first round in a long, long time.

yeah i saw that.
funny thing is they all changed their tune last night.
and actually if you watch nba tv every night like i do then you would have heard every announcer state what i said for the week leading up to the start of the playoffs.

the point i was trying to convey wasnt that the series will necessarily be highly contested, but that the matchups were perfect.
there is a  distinct difference.
every single matchup has either a history between the teams in recent or past years, or a drastically differing OR similar play style, or a sensational aspect, etc etc.
the teams just seemingly alined perfectly for great drama, albeit  possibly short lived.

the only BIG disappointment so far would be the HUGE loss of David Lee going down in game one of the Warriors-Nuggets series.
though Andre Miller was fantastic and provided some great mojo for at least the Nugs moving forward with their own injuries.

Sadly it is yet another NBA season plagued by major injuries.
I am convinced after the last few years that it is no coincedence that the NBAs present  style of play emphasizing athleticism has played a major role in how bad the big injury bug has become.
ITs a real shame, but even the best conditioned players are just pushing themselves to the limit and really decemating the depth of the league.

anyway... yeah, killer matchups though if youve been keeping up with the entire season and know the teams.
LA- SA check.
LA-Mem- check.
BOs-NY -check.
BK- Chicago- check.
denver- GS -check.

even:
okc- houston is  good matchup, 2 fast teams, Harden storyline, etc. of course okc will win, but the drama is there in spades.
IND- ATL-- both teams MAjorly struggling down the stretch, so which 1 woulds wake up in the 1st rnd? looks like INdy.
& MIA- MIL, about as good of a 1st round matchup as there could be for MIA who's chances of winning it all are +80% i would say.
at least jennings gave us moronic prediction to have fun with and honestly their team matchups up perfectly to beast MIA, they just dont have enough depth to even come close.

oh yeah... on that note--FUCK MIAMI, and goodnight.

GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifeboy

Just got my ticket for tomorrow nights game!  :crazy: :rawk: :crazy: :rawk:

PSYCHED!
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

zimbra

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 23, 2013, 04:00:55 PM
Just got my ticket for tomorrow nights game!  :crazy: :rawk: :crazy: :rawk:

PSYCHED!

Nice!  I have a final at 6 or I was going to go.  Stop by the crib in Norman after the game cuz.  :beerbang:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mehead

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 23, 2013, 12:08:35 PM

yeah i saw that.
and actually if you watch nba tv every night like i do then you would have heard every announcer state what i said for the week leading up to the start of the playoffs.

the point i was trying to convey wasnt that the series will necessarily be highly contested, but that the matchups were perfect.
every single matchup has either a history between the teams in recent or past years, or a drastically differing OR similar play style, or a sensational aspect, etc etc.
the teams just seemingly alined perfectly for great drama, albeit  possibly short lived.

the only BIG disappointment so far would be the HUGE loss of David Lee going down in game one of the Warriors-Nuggets series.
though Andre Miller was fantastic and provided some great mojo for at least the Nugs moving forward with their own injuries.

I am convinced after the last few years that it is no coincedence that the NBAs present  style of play emphasizing athleticism has played a major role in how bad the big injury bug has become.
ITs a real shame, but even the best conditioned players are just pushing themselves to the limit and really decemating the depth of the league.

anyway... yeah, killer matchups though if youve been keeping up with the entire season and know the teams.
LA- SA check.
LA-Mem- check.
BOs-NY -check.
BK- Chicago- check.
denver- GS -check.

even:
okc- houston is  good matchup, 2 fast teams, Harden storyline, etc. of course okc will win, but the drama is there in spades.
IND- ATL-- both teams MAjorly struggling down the stretch, so which 1 woulds wake up in the 1st rnd? looks like INdy.
& MIA- MIL, about as good of a 1st round matchup as there could be for MIA who's chances of winning it all are +80% i would say.
at least jennings gave us moronic prediction to have fun with and honestly their team matchups up perfectly to beast MIA, they just dont have enough depth to even come close.

Heat vs Bucks? Riveting!   :roll:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

Quote from: mehead on April 23, 2013, 11:07:53 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on April 23, 2013, 12:08:35 PM

yeah i saw that.

LA- SA check.
LA-Mem- check.
BOs-NY -check.
BK- Chicago- check.
denver- GS -check.

even:

Heat vs Bucks? Riveting!   :roll:

your post? Riveting!  :roll:

VA $l!m

instant classic happening right now-

bulls/bK game 4. insanity. double ot so far.

VA $l!m

6 killer game 6s and possible 7s on tap for the 1st rnd.!

emay

go nuggets!

even though I do like stephen curry on the warriors, rootin for the nugs on this series.

VA $l!m

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on May 02, 2013, 09:32:42 PM
go nuggets!

even though I do like stephen curry on the warriors, rootin for the nugs on this series.

was a great series.
so were all the 6 of the series that went at least 6 games.

i really liked both teams... unfortunately the nugs really ran into some problems towards teh end of the season. as a team without an allstar they relied heavily on every piece being there. once GALO went down and faried got hobbled they never really got their mojo back.
on the other hand GS really stepped up when D LEE, their only A star,  got sidelined.

anyway, S CURRY is probably my fav player in teh league outside the Knicks right now. i really hope his ankles can be strengthened in years to come so his career doesnt end too soon. and seeing D Leee step on the court... who knows, if somehow he can play they might be able to carry some momentum over  vs SA.

BK-CHI game 7 tonight and then its on to round 2.

zimbra

The game Sunday was crazy, can't believe we pulled out the win after playing catch-up all game.  Also, maybe people will stop complaining about Westbrook taking too many shots and not playing the postion as a pure "point guard."  Dude is a monster, top point guards in the league.  This Memphis series is going to be tough... just hoping to make it back to the finals at this point.
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

2 absolutely RIVETING games last night.
this year is truely heady stuff.

the decimated bulls come off a game 7 win v BK and go into s beach to whoop the heat  without 3 of their starters+ more.
pure heart.
Nate Robinson  :samurai:

the Spurs, like the Heat, came out rusty and were waaaay down to GSW with a super hot Curry ( LOVE HIM)...
up 18 with 4 min left and the inexperienced Warriors completely collapse for the 2nd game in a row.
they pulled it out v the Nugs, but this one slipped away in double OT.

INstant classics.

also:
--bummed my knicks are slumpin ATM,  and in deep v the pacers...

--gonna be another killer "Memphis vs the world series". Grizz are fun to watch if you dig old school ball.

-- i think i'm developing a 'bro crush' on S curry. dude is  so sick.