News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

I don't know how I feel about Russ's knee. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

I've been on the fence for a while, but I think I am fully on the 'trade Russ' wagon. We could benefit greatly from trading him for a true PG with some defensive skill. Someone like Rondo, or Dragic and a pick; something like that.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

didnt hit ur link but i heard about it on nba tv the other night.
not a surprise considering how the internet economy and cross marketing is these days, but its pretty lame tbh.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

knicks lakers game last night has to be the worst game ive seen my team play in 30 years. :shakehead:

VA $l!m

last week and the west is still crazytown from 3-9.
seriously awesome season.

--hope you okc guys saw them whoop up on LC last night. that was a good showing.
thunder are looking a bit better than a few weeks ago.
i still probably have SA coming out of the west, but IDK cause they do have trouble with OKC and some of the other 'younger' teams.

so much is going to be dependent on matchups this year.
i actually think a team like Brooklyn could take out MIA or INDY, but unfortunately they are getting CHI or TOR in the 1st round which is a bad matchup for them.

really though i just hope MIA and IND keep playing aas bad as they have this last month, lol.
theyve both been pitiful and that makes me  :-D

kellerb

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 10, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

really though i just hope MIA and IND keep playing aas bad as they have this last month, lol.
theyve both been pitiful and that makes me  :-D

Lol Indy sat their starters last game to "rest".  Bench won the game.

Seems like when the highschool team gets caught drinkin' and has to sit out as punishment.  Only the Pacers starters got caught sucking ass.

VA $l!m

...watching indy- heat.
heat open 3rd quarter on 16-0 run.

man, ive watched indy alot this year and its insane how fucked up theyve been since teh Granger trade.
who knows what triggered the change since the starters didnt change and they're the ones sucking, but im guessing maybe some of them werent happy about Granger leaving and somehow it messed up the lockerroom chemistry.
hibbert so struggling after a great first half of the year, and George fell off too.
they're in serious trouble heading to the playoffs, and its looking like they are gonna lose the #1 seed after tonight.
serious collapse, but they still have a week... but wow has teh last month been a disaster.

as for the rest of the East behind MIA and IND-- all 3 teams: TOR, CHI, and BKN have been really gaining steam.
should end up being a really good playoffs for the East despite the horrible first half of the season for most of the teams.

all in all this last week is really exciting with multiple teams going down to the last game for positioning.
the 7-9 race in the west is awesome.
i really hope PHX makes it. theyve been incredible.

VA $l!m

big games, basically playoffs, with mavs vs phx, and vs  memphis starting tonight
love this time of year :beerbang:

VA $l!m

pacers okc great game, pacers are back in form for the most part today...

watchin  bball all day today w00t

VA $l!m

friend sent me one of the 'nickname' swingman's this week. :mrgreen:

VA $l!m

1st time in NBA history that the Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics ALL missed the playoffs.

zimbra

I'm not feeling too hot about these playoffs... Starting to have my doubts.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: zimbra on April 14, 2014, 01:59:18 AM
I'm not feeling too hot about these playoffs... Starting to have my doubts.
are u talking about okc?

they actually have been looking a bit stronger the last week, but yeah with the way the west is set up its pretty dangerous for almost any team.
ibaka really is 'surging' tho. hes expanded his game and really is taken up some of the westbrook recovery slack.
they just dont seem at full strength tho i agree with the naggin injuries and lineup changes.
still... every team out west seems to have some sort of weakness right now that means things are going to come down to matchups and random factors like how healthy certain people are or how tight the rotations with the benches are going to be.

its definitely not going to be easy to predict anything this year, esp in the west but also in the east.
so much in flux coming down teh stretch, but OKC has stabilized a bit id say...
if they get the MAvs in the first round id say they're gonna be ok.
not 100% sure about the rankings yet, but i think thats who theyll play

cant wait for next week. been the one thing i really have been trying to keep out of the hospital for, lol

antelope19

WIZARDS!!!!!

That's all I have to offer to an NBA thread. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment