News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Wow! Now I know why I don't watch the NBA anymore.  I watched half of the first quarter of the Celtics and Sixers.  In that span I saw 2 missed dunks, a 5 second violation, and Boston was 3 for 9 from the free throw line. Granted both of these teams blow but still.....

NBA action - it sucks ass!

Update 5 minutes later- airball from 3 and the guy was wide open.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

zimbra

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 14, 2014, 01:07:54 PM
Quote from: zimbra on April 14, 2014, 01:59:18 AM
I'm not feeling too hot about these playoffs... Starting to have my doubts.
are u talking about okc?

they actually have been looking a bit stronger the last week, but yeah with the way the west is set up its pretty dangerous for almost any team.
ibaka really is 'surging' tho. hes expanded his game and really is taken up some of the westbrook recovery slack.
they just dont seem at full strength tho i agree with the naggin injuries and lineup changes.
still... every team out west seems to have some sort of weakness right now that means things are going to come down to matchups and random factors like how healthy certain people are or how tight the rotations with the benches are going to be.

its definitely not going to be easy to predict anything this year, esp in the west but also in the east.
so much in flux coming down teh stretch, but OKC has stabilized a bit id say...
if they get the MAvs in the first round id say they're gonna be ok.
not 100% sure about the rankings yet, but i think thats who theyll play

cant wait for next week. been the one thing i really have been trying to keep out of the hospital for, lol

Correct, we've played very little since the all star break with a full line up.  Sefolosha is the man who doesn't give enough credit.  I think we're like 17-2 with him on the court.  I think we can crush the Spurs in a 7 game series and probably the Mavs too.... It's the California teams I'm worried about. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

pcr3

Quote from: mehead on April 14, 2014, 07:44:14 PM
Wow! Now I know why I don't watch the NBA anymore.  I watched half of the first quarter of the Celtics and Sixers.  In that span I saw 2 missed dunks, a 5 second violation, and Boston was 3 for 9 from the free throw line. Granted both of these teams blow but still.....

You picked a helluva game to rekindle the interest.  Both teams have been in tanking mode all season.  Philly is historically bad this year, and the Celtics are losing at least one season ticket holder as of tomorrow night.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mattstick

One of those teams will really deserve Andrew Wiggins....

VA $l!m

Quote from: pcr3 on April 15, 2014, 12:30:44 PM

You picked a helluva game to rekindle the interest.  Both teams have been in tanking mode all season.  Philly is historically bad this year, and the Celtics are losing at least one season ticket holder as of tomorrow night.

yeah. seriously. that game consisted to 2 teams having 2 of their worst seasons in 50 years and at the end of the season.
there shouldnt have been anything 'good' coming from that game except the fact that it meant they were both 1 game closer to ending their nightmare seasons. plus both are most likely trying to lose on purpose b/c of the good draft class coming this year.

this years nba has actually  been the most exciting and incredibly intense, skilled peaks of many teams and players from the last decade.

try watching a real game with the teams that are actually competing this year and then say you hate the nba...  if you still do then you really  just dont appreciate good  basketball or you have some unrelated to b ball discriminatory issues.
either way, your loss.  :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

antelope19

Quote from: antelope19 on April 14, 2014, 01:10:04 PM
WIZARDS!!!!!

That's all I have to offer to an NBA thread.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

F--Brooklyn.

Go Raptors.

mehead

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 15, 2014, 04:04:57 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on April 15, 2014, 12:30:44 PM

yeah. seriously. that game consisted to 2 teams having 2 of their worst seasons in 50 years and at the end of the season.
there shouldnt have been anything 'good' coming from that game except the fact that it meant they were both 1 game closer to ending their nightmare seasons. plus both are most likely trying to lose on purpose b/c of the good draft class coming this year.

this years nba has actually  been the most exciting and incredibly intense, skilled peaks of many teams and players from the last decade.

try watching a real game with the teams that are actually competing this year and then say you hate the nba...  if you still do then you really  just dont appreciate good  basketball or you have some unrelated to b ball discriminatory issues.
either way, your loss.  :roll:

The reason that game was all I watched all year was because I do hate the NBA, like I said at the beginning of my post.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

anthrax

Quote from: antelope19 on April 23, 2014, 11:11:41 AM
WIZARDS!!!!!

the bulls are in shock here!  what a disappointment!!

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on April 23, 2014, 09:02:21 PM
WIZARDS!!!!!

In all seriousness, what's so shocking? Seems like the Bulls are who they are..

(No offense)
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

Quote from: GBL on April 23, 2014, 09:20:03 PM
Quote from: anthrax on April 23, 2014, 09:02:21 PM
WIZARDS!!!!!

In all seriousness, what's so shocking? Seems like the Bulls are who they are..

(No offense)

but defense wins championships!   :evil:

bulls have been playing well down the stretch.  nearly all the chicago media and a lot of the national media thought the bulls would take this one.  losing the first 2 at home was the shocking part.  this isn't even going to be a close series.

zimbra

I hate this series.  I didn't expect a sweep or anything but damn.  Game 5 should be interesting.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Donald Sterling Banned for life and fined $2.5 million.  Dayum!  Strongest sports penalty ever?  I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, because he did, but damn!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

pcr3

Quote from: antelope19 on April 29, 2014, 02:26:44 PM
Donald Sterling Banned for life and fined $2.5 million.  Dayum!  Strongest sports penalty ever?  I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, because he did, but damn!

I'm just a bit unclear on the whole "forcing someone to sell something they own" part of this.  I am not, by any means condoning what he said, but his all-out bigotry and manipulation of people is not news.  Stern should have addressed this years ago instead of letting it fester...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

DoW

Quote from: pcr3 on April 29, 2014, 03:52:21 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on April 29, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

I'm just a bit unclear on the whole "forcing someone to sell something they own" part of this.  I am not, by any means condoning what he said, but his all-out bigotry and manipulation of people is not news.  Stern should have addressed this years ago instead of letting it fester...
Paul, it hasn't been determined whether they will or can force him to sell the team.  he is now banned from all operations of the team and supposedly his wife is taking over at this time (that will be interesting since he is not her favorite person either).
they will be looking into a movement by the NBA Board of Directors to force him to sell the team, but there is no clear answer of whether that can be done.  I am sure no one even knows what is in those documents.

seems comparable to when Big George was banned by MLB in the 90s (or was it the 80s?).  he wa slater reinstated and that will not happen in this case.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate