News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: pcr3 on May 15, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Quote from: phil on May 15, 2014, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on May 15, 2014, 04:33:36 PM
will always be the

to me

you realize they left Baltimore 30 years before you were born right?  :wink:

that's like someone from Boston claiming the Redskins because the played there in the 30's

Dude, those 'Skins are ow-ahhhhhhs.  And true fans still call 'em the Braves.

yeah but calling the wizards the bullets is almost like being a NOLA fan and still rooting for the hornets....

phil

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on May 15, 2014, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on May 15, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Quote from: phil on May 15, 2014, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on May 15, 2014, 04:33:36 PM
will always be the

to me

you realize they left Baltimore 30 years before you were born right?  :wink:

that's like someone from Boston claiming the Redskins because the played there in the 30's

Dude, those 'Skins are ow-ahhhhhhs.  And true fans still call 'em the Braves.

yeah but calling the wizards the bullets is almost like being a NOLA fan and still rooting for the hornets....

Kinda, but the bullets were in DC for 50+ years before the (unnecessary) name change, as apposed to 12 years

sorta like how when the Redskins change their name I'll still call them the Redskins. That or just jump ship and become a Panthers fan.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

I actually tuned in for a portion of the second quarter last night. First NBA action I've watched all season...
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

I watched the first half, I thought it was good basketball. 

Too bad every kid in the eastern time zone was asleep before the game started, and most working adults in the east wouldn't stay up to watch past the first half...

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on June 06, 2014, 10:16:19 AM
Well played, Gatorade.

http://nba.si.com/2014/06/06/lebron-james-gatorade-cramps-twitter-nba-finals-heat/

And just like that, Gatorade has apologized.

Lame.

The guy endorses their rival. They were having fun engaging with fans on social media -- the exact reason brands join social media in the first place. It really wasn't that mean spirited; it was all in good fun. Gatorade shoulda just said as much and told those "offended" to move on with their lives.
Is this still Wombat?

Bobafett

Watched the second half.  Was a good game.  I'm pulling for the old men who can stand the heat. ( this time)
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

runawayjimbo

LeBron going back to Cleveland. Huh.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

LeBron: I'm coming back to Cleveland

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It's where I walked. It's where I ran. It's where I cried. It's where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I'm their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn't realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I'd obviously do things differently, but I'd still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that's exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I've talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life.  I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I'm doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don't want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn't get along. ... He and Riles didn't get along. ... The Heat couldn't put the right team together. That's absolutely not true.

I'm not having a press conference or a party. After this, it's time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn't had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what's most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I'd return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn't know when. After the season, free agency wasn't even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn't going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, "OK, I don't want to deal with these people ever again." But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I've met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We've talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I've made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I'm not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We're not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I'm realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I'm going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn't know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I'm excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can't wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I'm from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there's no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I'm ready to accept the challenge. I'm coming home.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

phil

Guess I hate Lebron again.

It was fun rooting for him for four years, now that guy can go eat all the dicks.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

phil

He'll still lose to the Wizards a few times each season regardless of whether he's in Miami or Cleveland so I'm ultimately happy

runawayjimbo

I'm not gonna post it, because you're really gonna have to think long and hard before watching the Paul George injury.

Ouch
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mehead

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 01, 2014, 11:34:18 PM
I'm not gonna post it, because you're really gonna have to think long and hard before watching the Paul George injury.

Ouch

nasty shit
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged