News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

so, i get most of the OKC games own FSN, along with Minnesota, lol, and i caught some of  the last 2 games since the trade.
--WOW.

if they can be healthy for the playoffs they have created a serious monster of a team with these trades.
Its funny too, because just a week ago i agreed with most of the analysts that they had some major holes in their lineup.

Kanter is bursting at the seams the last 2 nites.  he's almost giddy with the energy of being on real team.
his addition to IBaka changes everything down low for them on both sides of the ball.
singler gives okc a perfect spot up shooter, and I LOVE DJ augistine. he's one of my top back up PGs for sure over the last few seasons.

But, what really is amazing is the level Westbrook is playing at.
He's hands down my MVP up to this point (despite OKcs record, which gets better every day.
Curry's  in second  fand HArden in 3rd... Lebron? 4th?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

I agree, the moves that Presti made were crazy.  I miss seeing big Perk out there but he needed to go.  Russell is a MVP caliber athlete, no doubt.  He's got my vote. 

I hope we can keep rolling and give KD some time to rest before the playoffs. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mehead

Quote from: zimbra on February 21, 2015, 11:43:38 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 21, 2015, 01:07:41 AM
Quote from: zimbra on February 20, 2015, 04:46:25 PM
A lot of people really started losing faith in Presti after the Harden trade a few years back and the failure of trying to lean a team on Lamb/Dfish... I think that faith got restored yesterday with that trade.

hell yeah, okc is set.
they just gotta stay healthy.
KD agravatin that injury again last night.

I hope that I'm completely wrong but I think KD might be nursing things a bit to play less minutes until he moves to DC.

or maybe he is just a pussy

:wink:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

Holy Shit Westbrook! :-o

surgery on face 24 hours ago- no problem.
career high 49 pts, 16 reb.
4th straight triple double. 1st player since MJ in 89 with 4+ in a row.

phil

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 05, 2015, 02:11:01 AM

And to think at the beginning of the season I was on the fence whether to draft this guy to my fantasy team or not...looks like smart me won, he's been killing it for me this year
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

Quote from: phil on March 05, 2015, 08:23:57 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on March 05, 2015, 02:11:01 AM

And to think at the beginning of the season I was on the fence whether to draft this guy to my fantasy team or not...looks like smart me won, he's been killing it for me this year

Dude has been an animal for years... I can't believe its taken this long for the league to catch on. Go peep that Simmons interview with Kobe from last week or the week before.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

pcr3

I am sort of secretly in love with this Celtics team and Brad Stevens. Isaiah Thomas is so fun to watch.  Never thought I'd be able to say that.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Quote from: antelope19 on March 16, 2015, 11:48:16 PM
Trailblazers, LOL

Yeah Blazers aint gonna win when Batum and Lillard combine for 9-30. 

Fucking Batum, what a disappointment.  Lillard will turn it around though. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on March 16, 2015, 11:57:13 PM
Trailblazers, LOL

Hahahaha......I have no idea what any of that means, but I know they lost to "my" wizards!

VA $l!m

Quote from: antelope19 on March 17, 2015, 12:05:52 AM
Trailblazers, LOL

Hahahaha......I have no idea what any of that means, but I know they lost to "my" wizards!
wizards are on a roll the last few games but before that they dropped from 2nd to 6th place in the east while on a 2-10 stretch or something like that.
hopefully John wall really is feeling healthier and not just pushing through it.
their success in teh postseason compeltely hinges on his play after the overal team's health of course.

portland actually was quitely murdering the west all year right behind GSW until wesley Matthews got hurt a week or two ago.
its unfortunate mostly because they have such a fragile mentality when it comes to iunjuries b/c of the team's history.
the good news is afflalo was about the perfect pickup for them with or without matthews in teh lineup.
if the rest of the team can stay healthy they actually still have a real good shot this year.
and Batum was struggling til recently b/c of his injuries but actually the last few games he's really picked it up.

antelope19

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 17, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
Trailblazers, LOL

wizards are on a roll the last few games but before that they dropped from 2nd to 6th place in the east while on a 2-10 stretch or something like that.
hopefully John wall really is feeling healthier and not just pushing through it.
their success in teh postseason compeltely hinges on his play after the overal team's health of course.

portland actually was quitely murdering the west all year right behind GSW until wesley Matthews got hurt a week or two ago.
its unfortunate mostly because they have such a fragile mentality when it comes to iunjuries b/c of the team's history.
the good news is afflalo was about the perfect pickup for them with or without matthews in teh lineup.
if the rest of the team can stay healthy they actually still have a real good shot this year.
and Batum was struggling til recently b/c of his injuries but actually the last few games he's really picked it up.

Having Bradley Beale back has made a big difference too

VA $l!m

Quote from: antelope19 on March 18, 2015, 09:36:04 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on March 17, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
Trailblazers, LOL

Having Bradley Beale back has made a big difference too
yeah hopefully he'll be back close to 100% by the playoffs.
i'm seriously worried about j wall though. he's got a ton of minor injuries that could really catch up to him in the playoffs.

besides injuries though, the wizards has an amazing team this year.
the could easily get lucky and  beat everyone in the east.
they have the talent and experience now.

on another note, i can't believe OKC could possibly miss the playoffs after the MVP type year westbrook is having.
the 8th  spot in the west is basically down to them and new orleans, but with Ibaka going out and KD still out, and the pelicans playing very good... yikes.

VA $l!m

Kd out for the season. what a bummer for okc fans and fans of the sport in general.

this season has been horrible for the entire league injury wise.
i thought the last 2 years since the shortened season were all bad, but this year its been across the board, almost every team, and multiple major players per team in many cases.

I wish to god they would spread the schedule out.
not just to keep the players alive, but also its amazing how many wins/losses are determined by schedule.
anyway,  :-P to injuries in basketball. so annoying.

zimbra

KD is going to ride that injury reserve all the way to Washington.
- Trey Anastasio