News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: zimbra on March 29, 2015, 09:05:26 PM
KD is going to ride that injury reserve all the way to Washington.
not sure if you saw it. KD came out and said he wants to stay.

After watching todays bulls cavs game i think im ready to make playoff predictions.
Barring any major injuries on either team i'm betting on a Warriors v. Cavs final.

wildcards might be the Spurs and the Bulls... or hawks.
-the Spurs had an incredible month last month and were steamrolling momentum wise until Splitter got hurt this week. I havent heard the prognosis on him yet.
-the Bulls are great and i love tibado in the playoffs, but i dont see them getting past the Cavs without a 50+% d rose...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 05, 2015, 05:24:51 PM
Quote from: zimbra on March 29, 2015, 09:05:26 PM
KD is going to ride that injury reserve all the way to Washington.
not sure if you saw it. KD came out and said he wants to stay.

Yeah, I saw it.  Here's the deal...I love KD, I think he's got a great attitude and plays hard.  I hope he plays every professional game of his career in OKC.  It just makes no sense to me to stay in OKC if I'm him.  Washington will offer him more money than OKC can with Westbrook on the roster as well.  Plus, Ibaka's salary doesn't help the case for OKC either.  Washington is where he is from & is way more of a happening place than OKC.  Fact. 

That being said...Whats a few more million when you are already raking it in with endorsements and salary?  Things in the corporate world do a lot dumber things for a few hundred grand than move from OKC to Washington.  Money changes people.  However, if he stays in OKC he goes down as a legend and hopefully builds a dynasty.  I mean if Westbrook and KD win 3-4 Championships they go down in NBA history to never be forgotten. 

I can see both sides of the argument and obviously you know what I hope happens but do you see what I'm saying?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

Quote from: zimbra on April 05, 2015, 11:17:41 PM
I hope he plays every professional game of his career in OKC.

You realize he spent his rookie season in seattle right?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

Quote from: phil on April 06, 2015, 10:44:50 AM
Quote from: zimbra on April 05, 2015, 11:17:41 PM
I hope he plays every professional game of his career in OKC.

You realize he spent his rookie season in seattle right?

Which is now located where?  There's also only half the regular season played in OKC and then they travel for the playoffs if you want to be literal.  You know what I meant.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

so, GREAT year in the NBA!

only real downside has been the continuation of the injury bug from the last 2 seasons.  This year it is interesting b/c almost every team in the playoff chase has dealt with at least 1 major injury except the 2 conference leaders.
GSW and ATL both have 10+ game leads on the 2nd place teams, and both have had the best luck avoiding any major injuries.

the overall parody that has been achieved over the last few years since the CBA has given some of the tightest playoff chases ever.
2-6 in the west are currently seperated by only 2 games! 7-8 are in a virtual tie.
then in the east you have 7-11 that have all basically been tied for the last month.

i'm still pulling for Brooklyn, theyve beenreally playin good since getting thad young... & thanks NYK for the worst season in franchise history, lol  :shakehead:
can't wait for the playoffs!

VA $l!m

Scott Brooks fired from OKC. Finally.
i've thought he should have been let go for over a year now.

zimbra

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 22, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
Scott Brooks fired from OKC. Finally.
i've thought he should have been let go for over a year now.

- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

zimbra

Coach K was in OKC today...

Supposedly he was brought in as a consultant to help Presti pick a new coach but still..
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

1st round, Spurs-Clippers has been amazing.

phil

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 29, 2015, 05:20:03 PM
1st round, Spurs-Clippers has been amazing.

Definitely. Watching the spurs is like watching a clinic. And watching the clips is just downright exciting. Gotta say, I'm pulling for the spurs in this one

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 05, 2015, 05:24:51 PM
i'm betting on a Warriors v. Cavs final.

SLimstradamus FTW