News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 20, 2016, 03:08:49 PM
Quote from: Hicks on June 20, 2016, 03:03:58 PM
I'm sure it meant a lot to him and the people of Northern Ohio and it is good to see their "curse" has been broken. 

there are a lot of people here in Ohio that will tell you 'fuck Cleveland' and they wish the curse was still on them.
fascinating to me that these people won't support their home in stuffs like this.

I still can't call myself an Ohioan; it's just something in me... I bleed Blue.

Fixed my post I guess?

Things are different in Oregon, the whole state roots for the Blazers.  But then again it's the only professional sports team the entire state has unless you count soccer, which I don't. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

no need to fix it, just making a comment on observations here as of late...
Lots of Kentucky people cheer on Cincinnati in professional sports seeing as the
only important thing in sports in the state is Kentucky Basketball  :evil:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on June 20, 2016, 04:33:57 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 20, 2016, 03:08:49 PM
Quote from: Hicks on June 20, 2016, 03:03:58 PM
I'm sure it meant a lot to him and the people of Northern Ohio and it is good to see their "curse" has been broken. 

there are a lot of people here in Ohio that will tell you 'fuck Cleveland' and they wish the curse was still on them.
fascinating to me that these people won't support their home in stuffs like this.

I still can't call myself an Ohioan; it's just something in me... I bleed Blue.

Fixed my post I guess?

Things are different in Oregon, the whole state roots for the Blazers.  But then again it's the only professional sports team the entire state has unless you count soccer, which I don't.

Personally, I really couldn't care less.  I've never really felt any sense of loyalty to any team(s) in particular.  I just want to see a good game/series.  It was pretty awesome because of the history that was made, but I'd honestly be saying that about any team which pulled off a 3-1 comeback in the finals. 

As for NE Ohio as a whole, out of those who actually care one way or the other, I'd guess it's about 50/50 haters and fans.  That's entirely anecdotal -- so take it with a grain of salt.  But, for the fans, it's the best thing ever.  Understandably so. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

Raptors look to be in serious trouble, Cavs are playing in a whole other league.
In other news, has anyone seen this HS kid named Zion Williamson?

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Happy for KD, Curry and the rest of the Dubs. One of the most fun teams I've ever watched.

Hicks

It's settled once and for all, Jordan > LeBron
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on June 13, 2017, 12:02:34 AM

Not that I doubt your statement, Lebron ain't done yet.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 13, 2017, 07:22:58 AM

He's past 40,000 career minutes played and is approaching the cliff.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on June 13, 2017, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 13, 2017, 07:22:58 AM

He's past 40,000 career minutes played and is approaching the cliff.

Lebron annoys the hell out of me with his whiny schtick with the refs but did you see him dunk over Durant last night. Total arm in his face and still manages to dunk over a 7 ft player. That guy is a freak of nature. I give him another 2 years of dominance in this league.

Hicks

Durant's not 7 ft, he's only an inch taller than LeBron. 

Regardless what BronBron does from here on out, Jordan never would have gone out 4-1 in his prime. 

LeBron officially exited the GOAT conversation last night.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on June 13, 2017, 10:15:15 AM
Durant's not 7 ft, he's only an inch taller than LeBron. 

Regardless what BronBron does from here on out, Jordan never would have gone out 4-1 in his prime. 

LeBron officially exited the GOAT conversation last night.

Ok, 6'9.
And as to your other claim, I guess we will see.

JPhishman

Quote from: Hicks on June 13, 2017, 10:15:15 AM
Jordan never would have gone out 4-1 in his prime. 

Jordan never played a team on the level of this Warriors team in the finals. I don't think anyone has.

73 win team + KD is cray. Curry and KD are surefire hall of famers with a combined 5 scoring titles and 3 MVPs. Klay and Draymond and possibly Iguodala will make it too if they stay together and win a couple more titles, which is looking pretty likely at this point.

To be clear, none of this pleases me. As a Blazer fan, I'm horrified.

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Hicks

Eh, I'm not too worried, once they give Curry the max contract he deserves they'll be pretty limited in what they can offer KD and Thompson to stay with them after next season. 

I bet their roster looks pretty different come 2018-19. 

Maybe we can snag Love once King James demands his head? 

A power forward is the piece we desperately need now. 

VA $l!m

craziest trade deadline i can recall.
Cavs completely gutting their roster, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 08, 2018, 04:32:41 PM
craziest trade deadline i can recall.
Cavs completely gutting their roster, lol.

Yeah NBA went nuts! 

As for the cavs, they are in straight desperation mode, LOLeBron.