News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

2 min into the 4th quarter of this Cavs Raps game... i dont think i can go any further. yikes.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

Series was over 1 minute into the 3rd quarter.

VA $l!m

FWIW i'd fire Casey simply for the thought of thinking Siakum gaurding James 1v1 would work.

mattstick

I just can't believe how uninspired the offensive sets are.

Buffalo Budd

So frustrated with this team (and Lebron).
That was a wild performance from him last night, he really couldn't miss.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Celtics looking good, slight chance Philly comes back, but man what an epic fail by Simmons with one point.

Rozier killing it isn't news anymore but wow Tatum, kid was blowing it up last night!

As for Cavs, you gotta wonder if fatigue is gonna be a factor for Bron at some point. Can he keep playing 40+ minutes every night without running out of gas eventually?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

i gotta laugh alittle @ rockets tonite.
they are so overconfident. Utah lost Rubio, Exum and now Mitchell to injury in this series and still gave them a coupel good games.
i seriously think they are in for a shock next round.

VA $l!m

fantastic philly boston series. great game to finish it off tonite for boston.
boston has been my favorite team most of the year. shame kyrie had to go down. hopefully they can still make a good go of it with cleveland.
ingeneral though boston has been my fav organization the last few years. D Ainge has consistantly made great decisions and B Stevens is hands down my fav coach in the league right now. dude's a genius.

Hicks

Quote from: VA $l!m on May 09, 2018, 11:15:17 PM
fantastic philly boston series. great game to finish it off tonite for boston.
boston has been my favorite team most of the year. shame kyrie had to go down. hopefully they can still make a good go of it with cleveland.
ingeneral though boston has been my fav organization the last few years. D Ainge has consistantly made great decisions and B Stevens is hands down my fav coach in the league right now. dude's a genius.

Agreed, as fantastic as Rozier and Tatum have been, Stevens hands down out coached Brown. 

Great game tonight, went right down to the wire but in the end Embiid couldn't deliver when they needed a basket. 

Hope the Celtics can take out BronBron. 

But man, super stoked for GS/Houston, that should be epic. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

pcr3

With all of the injuries, I thought it would be Philly in 5, maybe 6.  I mean, the NBA is about stars, especially in the playoffs, and we had none.

And now it looks like we may have 2 stars for the next few years in Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.  Oh, and Coach Brad.  :crazy:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Well you guys do have Big Al, he's only a five time All Star.   :wink:

Some big decisions for the Celtics once they get healthy, Rozier is clearly a starting quality PG and where does Hayward fit in now?

pcr3

Quote from: Hicks on May 10, 2018, 12:06:43 PM

Some big decisions for the Celtics once they get healthy, Rozier is clearly a starting quality PG and where does Hayward fit in now?

Yeah, he's a great player and an all-star, but not a ***STAR***

Smart is a RFA, Baynes is gone next year, and Danny has to decide whether to hold on to Rozier for another year before he is RFA (and likely gone) or to trade him and get something of value back.  I hope they can resign Smart to a relatively cheap deal and hold on to Rozier as insurance.  Assuming good health, that team can legitimately contend for the title.

As for Hayward, he fits in perfectly still.  The emergence of of Brown and Tatum just means that a starting 5 of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford is essentially impossible to stop (and is also VERY strong defensively), and gives Brad infinite ways to create matchup problems for any team.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Hicks

Quote from: pcr3 on May 10, 2018, 12:37:17 PM

Smart is a RFA, Baynes is gone next year, and Danny has to decide whether to hold on to Rozier for another year before he is RFA (and likely gone) or to trade him and get something of value back.  I hope they can resign Smart to a relatively cheap deal and hold on to Rozier as insurance.  Assuming good health, that team can legitimately contend for the title.

As for Hayward, he fits in perfectly still.  The emergence of of Brown and Tatum just means that a starting 5 of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford is essentially impossible to stop (and is also VERY strong defensively), and gives Brad infinite ways to create matchup problems for any team.

Rozier is way better than Smart though. I just don't see him being happy only getting minutes in the low 20s off the bench. 

As for a starting 5 of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford, I think you're gonna have some matchup problems playing Hayward at PF, dude is only 6'8". 

pcr3

Quote from: Hicks on May 10, 2018, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on May 10, 2018, 12:37:17 PM

Rozier is way better than Smart though. I just don't see him being happy only getting minutes in the low 20s off the bench. 

As for a starting 5 of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford, I think you're gonna have some matchup problems playing Hayward at PF, dude is only 6'8".

Of course Rozier is better than Smart.  But he's going to command >$15M per season when he hits RFA, and if we decide to give Kyrie a max contract after next season, that would be a foolish use of $ under the cap.  I think we might be able to get Marcus to resign for around $8M per season, and he is not under any delusions that he is a "starter".  He knows his role and he plays it perfectly.

Regarding Hayward and PF, what does that even mean any more?  There are no longer PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineups in the NBA.  It's primary ball-handlers, wings, and bigs (ideally floor-stretching like Horford).  Each member of that starting 5 is versatile and can cover many positions, so they can switch all day on D.  And no team can adequately cover those 5 with their skills sets.  Lastly, that lineup has plenty of height:

Kyrie- 6'3"
Brown- 6'7"
Heyward- 6'8"
Tatum- 6'8"
Horford- 6'10"

Smart- 6'4" (but can cover anyone on the court)
Rozier- 6'2" (with incredible wingspan and ups)
Morris- 6'9"
Theis- 6'9"

Hicks

Sure coaches mix up the line ups more now, but it's pretty tough to win a championship with only one guy over 6'9" and no guys that are 6'11" or seven feet in your rotation.

Even the Warriors have Pachulia and McGee and before that Bogut and Mo Buckets.