News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

ooh yeah, Lebron with the 40+pt triple double in the loss baby :)
Celts so tough. love this team.

Hicks

Absolutely loving what the Celtics are doing and super stoked Horford is finally getting the props he deserves on the big stage. 

Gotta figure the Cavs win game 3 but won't be surprised if that's all she wrote and they go down 4-1. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

best part of last night's broadcast was Van gundy's comment somethign to the effect of the Cavs roll their eyes at each other more than a disfunctional married couple, lol.

pcr3

Pretty happy about how the series has gone so far.  I'm also hoping the Celtics split the two games in Cleveland, as I believe I will be going to a Game 5 if it is needed...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mehead

Quote from: pcr3 on May 16, 2018, 12:57:08 PM
Pretty happy about how the series has gone so far.  I'm also hoping the Celtics split the two games in Cleveland, as I believe I will be going to a Game 5 if it is needed...

It will be needed. Boston is 1-4 on the road in the playoffs and I don't see them beating Lebron 2 in a row in Cleveland.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

pcr3

Quote from: mehead on May 16, 2018, 01:50:53 PM

It will be needed. Boston is 1-4 on the road in the playoffs and I don't see them beating Lebron 2 in a row in Cleveland.

Fully aware of the record and the fact that Lebron is still the best player on the planet. Just being optimistic about this team. I'll be honest, about 5 minutes into the season, I thought the season was done. Then Kyrie. Then Theis. Then Smart, whose return was critical in squeaking by the Bucks in the first round. Then Jaylen, who seems to have recovered quickly but missed critical time in the playoffs. We have been playing with house money since the first game, and I prepared for the end right from the start. It's nice to finally feel optimistic about this team. Maybe it's still cautiously optimistic, but I'm getting there...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

emay

Going to be a tough one tonight. Hope the Celtics can pull it off so it will be easier to finish off LeBron in Boston.

Hicks

Quote from: pcr3 on May 17, 2018, 12:41:03 AM

Fully aware of the record and the fact that Lebron is still the best player on the planet. Just being optimistic about this team. I'll be honest, about 5 minutes into the season, I thought the season was done. Then Kyrie. Then Theis. Then Smart, whose return was critical in squeaking by the Bucks in the first round. Then Jaylen, who seems to have recovered quickly but missed critical time in the playoffs. We have been playing with house money since the first game, and I prepared for the end right from the start. It's nice to finally feel optimistic about this team. Maybe it's still cautiously optimistic, but I'm getting there...

Welp, you got your wish.

Have fun, Celtics are gonna need your support to turn things back around. 

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on May 22, 2018, 12:56:46 AM

Welp, you got your wish.

Hope you made it to the game last night, Celtics are crushing and BronBron looks spent! 

One more win!

pcr3

Quote from: Hicks on May 24, 2018, 07:14:58 PM

Welp, you got your wish.

Hope you made it to the game last night, Celtics are crushing and BronBron looks spent! 

One more win!

Family/life stuff got in the way, so I couldn't go.  But it was awesome, and I will certainly put in an effort to get a Finals ticket if it comes to that...

I talked to my wife about it today, and we're gonna let our 9 year old son stay up for the whole game tonight.  It might not sound like much, but we're really strict about bedtimes.

Either Lebron is totally gassed at this point, or he took the last game off.  I'm not sure which is worse.

Hicks

Quote from: pcr3 on May 25, 2018, 12:15:47 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 24, 2018, 07:14:58 PM

Welp, you got your wish.

One more win!

Family/life stuff got in the way, so I couldn't go.  But it was awesome, and I will certainly put in an effort to get a Finals ticket if it comes to that...

I talked to my wife about it today, and we're gonna let our 9 year old son stay up for the whole game tonight.  It might not sound like much, but we're really strict about bedtimes.

Either Lebron is totally gassed at this point, or he took the last game off.  I'm not sure which is worse.

He straight up admitted that he's tired, which of course he is, dude can't be expected to play 40+ minutes every night for months on end. 

As much as I love to hate on LeBron, he's only human and I actually think he has a lot of heart and is probably a pretty good guy IRL. When he finally brought the championship home to Cleveland in 2016, it was definitely an emotional moment that I won't forget. 

Having said that, Go Celts!