News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

emotional phish

Started by Wolfmansbrother, April 15, 2007, 07:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

hah, well i really wouldn't expect them to be able to pull off a song like that PH, but all the pH versions ive heard are good. 

did any of you check out that Perpetual Groove video i posted here or in the videos thread?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sls.stormyrider

Trey seems to always screw up the lyrics or play a few wrong notes in the solo. Even on the Island tour, it got messed up. Shame, cause it's one of my favorite studio songs.

imo. 11/22/97 is a good version. Only one I can recall now.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Wolfmansbrother

i thought the recently released 11/14/95 Billy Breathes was beautiful

Stash419

I think the most chills sent down my spine was the crowd noise during the intro to Terrapin Station.  The Brian & Robert > Waste > Somewhere over the Rainbow from this show sets it off even furthur!  Very emotional show in my opinion 8-9-98.  I always catch myself staring into space and forgeting about anything and everything during these songs.  Now that i think about it, it's depressing not being able to go to there shows anymore!  Son of a B*%ch!!!! :phish: :syf:
Just a man for a mind for victory and an arm like a fucking cannon!

Wolfmansbabymama

Quotedid any of you check out that Perpetual Groove video i posted here or in the videos thread?

no. were talking about most emotional moments from our favorite band. and you try to squeak this in here.
Quote from: phan003 on April 18, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Band Bashing and owning is a 5 step process.

phil

12/7/99 bathtub gin jam
10/27/94 slave

i'll try to think of some others, i know there are more i just can't think of them off the top of my head
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

August

Quote from: Wolfmansbabymama on April 18, 2007, 07:53:59 AM

no. were talking about most emotional moments from our favorite band. and you try to squeak this in here.

YES!!!!!
awesome.
a

susep

Gumbo72203

wow you guys need to chill out seriously.  oh no, i said another bands name in a Phish thread!!  kill me now, for i have sinned!!   haha

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

August

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 18, 2007, 02:21:55 PM
wow you guys need to chill out seriously.  oh no, i said another bands name in a Phish thread!!  kill me now, for i have sinned!!   haha

GGgarraarRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!1!!1!!11
a

Gumbo72203

AHHH!HH!!@!!HH!PHE@PhQPostwhoring@!#@!@#!RERJJJEEEEEYAAHHhH!!!!!

*head falls into lap*

sophist

Quote from: Wolfmansbabymama on April 18, 2007, 07:53:59 AM

It was emotional for gumbo, and he got into it.  So its relevent to the topic.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider

phan gets nominated for obscure reference of the year award
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

Well I removed it because I got my paugers confused  :frustrated:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider