News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: WillBreathes on January 02, 2018, 11:56:40 AM
Molly's Game - loved
Pitch Perfect 3 - meh
Father Figures - meh
Downsizing - liked it, but the trailer completely got the movie wrong (similar with Suburbicon which I also enjoyed)
Greatest Showman - good songs, but meh
Jumanji - enjoyed it more than I thought I would
Star Wars - meh
Shape of Water - loved
Lady Bird - loved

that's about far enough back...

Oh, and Bright on Netflix was better than I expected.

Agree on Star Wars and Jumanji. Definitely want to check out Shape of Water, Downsizing and Molly's Game.

I thought Bright was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Ever. I have no idea how I made it to the end seeing how I started to check out at the first sight of that fairy.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

tet

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 02, 2018, 12:24:29 PM
Quote from: tet on January 02, 2018, 12:03:03 PM
what i'm really looking forward to is The Post.

Totally agree, the trailer looks amazeballs.

saw The Post over the weekend.  very solid, very Spielberg - not the best movie of the year.  cinematography was really good, had the same kind of uncomfortable composite shots like Bridge of Spies, which really helped build tension. my critiques: pacing for first 15-20 mins felt off, which was probably so they could build the backstories a bit more, and Meryl Streep didn't overly impress me.  Bob Odenkirk, on the other hand, was outstanding.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

thanks for the review
looking forward to seeing it
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Saw The Phantom Thread on Friday.
D.D. Lewis is riveting in what is largely a quiet film that put my wife to sleep. (Friday night 10pm show so she'd have fallen asleep to anything.)
PT Anderson has made another fascinating film that I simply must see again.
Jonny Greenwood's score is terrific as well. Worthy of the Oscar nod, I think.

Saturday, I watched something different.
Kong: Skull Island is a terrible movie that fully met my expectations for this sort of terrible movie. Go in expecting a bloated package of cinematic tropes played to their obvious conclusions, some decent CGI bringing the improbable to life, and a shit ton of explosions...

I'd suggest switching it off after the initial smashups but John C Reily comes to the rescue.

susep

Had no idea Mattstick has a 2nd job as an actor/Real American Hero?  Nice work.  :wink:

rowjimmy

Gonna call nans.

No headband.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 30, 2018, 08:27:38 AM
I'd suggest switching it off after the initial smashups but John C Reily comes to the rescue.

-Phish

Hicks

The Florida Project

Loved it, but it's brutal that it's probably an accurate depiction for many people out there.

The kids were amazing, especially the main girl and the movie does a great job of showing events through their perspectives. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

tet

glad that Shape of Water won Best Picture...  but then i just watched Blade Runner 2049, which was remarkable, and should have been in the running.  Deakins winning for cinematography is a no-brainer; it was one of the most stunning movies i've ever seen, and made me wish i had a 4k setup.  just... wow.  it took the look & feel of the original to a whole new level.  some more questions than answers, but to me, a bold Academy would have picked this for Best Picture. 
-Phish

Hicks

Quote from: tet on March 07, 2018, 08:42:05 AM
glad that Shape of Water won Best Picture...  but then i just watched Blade Runner 2049, which was remarkable, and should have been in the running.  Deakins winning for cinematography is a no-brainer; it was one of the most stunning movies i've ever seen, and made me wish i had a 4k setup.  just... wow.  it took the look & feel of the original to a whole new level.  some more questions than answers, but to me, a bold Academy would have picked this for Best Picture.

Agreed, it was an all around outstanding movie, but Oscar hates flops.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

Batman vs Superman (Ultimate Edition)

not nearly as bad as I was expecting.  maybe it was the Ultimate Edition's added scenes, but it felt like a nicely fleshed-out background to the DC Universe.  I don't think Affleck is the best Batman ever, but he's also certainly not the worst (looking at you, Clooney).  also now appreciate the beginning of Wonder Woman more.

Justice League next, I guess...
-Phish

VA $l!m

k, should i rent Shape of water, Dunkirkk, or justice league 1st? - go.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Dunkirk is the only one of the bunch I've seen and it is gripping.
Loved every minute of it though, as did my wife.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 24, 2018, 11:53:43 PM
Dunkirk is the only one of the bunch I've seen and it is gripping.
Loved every minute of it though, as did my wife.
Just watched this, loved it for sure. One of the best new movies I've seen in a while.

Also just watched Gomorrah. It's about the Camorra in Italy, it was decent. Good cinematography, interesting plot. It felt grimy, shows what the Mafia in Italy is like these days.  No order, no respect.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH