News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Free Solo

damn...just damn.

and dude's girl is super hot!  so double damn.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

It's SXSW season, which means I get to see a bunch of great films for free. Today it was Apollo 11. This one will be in theaters soon. I think like next week. If it's playing near you, GO! It needs to be seen on a huge screen. It's gorgeous.

A vivid and visceral look at mankind's greatest achievement.

"Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969, A.D. We came in peace for all mankind."

A cinematic event fifty years in the making, APOLLO 11 is a stirring and spectacular behind-the-scenes look at the mission that brought astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to the surface of the Sea of Tranquility. And it must be seen on the big screen.

This isn't a repurposing of the same grainy footage you watched in science classes – APOLLO 11 will astound even the most hardcore space geek. Drawing from a newly discovered trove of wide-screen 65mm footage and snippets from over 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio, director Todd Douglas Miller has crafted a film that absolutely crackles with electricity and immediacy, allowing you to truly feel what it's like to be a part of the Apollo 11 mission.

Gorgeously restored and filmed in the same format as Hollywood epics like THE SOUND OF MUSIC and AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DAYS, APOLLO 11 vividly immerses you in the perspectives of the astronauts, the team in Mission Control, and the millions of spectators on the ground. Whether you were watching it live on television that day or you've only seen clips on YouTube, you'll be absorbed into this extraordinary film that tells the story of the momentous days and hours when two brave men took a giant leap into the unknown for all of mankind.

"The clarity takes your breath away, and it does so in the blink of an eye; your body will react to it before your brain has time to process why, after a lifetime of casual interest, you're suddenly overcome by the sheer enormity of what it meant to leave the Earth and land somewhere else."David Ehrlich, IndieWire
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 11, 2019, 12:18:51 AM
It's SXSW season, which means I get to see a bunch of great films for free. Today it was Apollo 11. This one will be in theaters soon. I think like next week. If it's playing near you, GO! It needs to be seen on a huge screen. It's gorgeous.

"Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969, A.D. We came in peace for all mankind."

A cinematic event fifty years in the making, APOLLO 11 is a stirring and spectacular behind-the-scenes look at the mission that brought astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to the surface of the Sea of Tranquility. And it must be seen on the big screen.

This isn't a repurposing of the same grainy footage you watched in science classes – APOLLO 11 will astound even the most hardcore space geek. Drawing from a newly discovered trove of wide-screen 65mm footage and snippets from over 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio, director Todd Douglas Miller has crafted a film that absolutely crackles with electricity and immediacy, allowing you to truly feel what it's like to be a part of the Apollo 11 mission.

Gorgeously restored and filmed in the same format as Hollywood epics like THE SOUND OF MUSIC and AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DAYS, APOLLO 11 vividly immerses you in the perspectives of the astronauts, the team in Mission Control, and the millions of spectators on the ground. Whether you were watching it live on television that day or you've only seen clips on YouTube, you'll be absorbed into this extraordinary film that tells the story of the momentous days and hours when two brave men took a giant leap into the unknown for all of mankind.

"The clarity takes your breath away, and it does so in the blink of an eye; your body will react to it before your brain has time to process why, after a lifetime of casual interest, you're suddenly overcome by the sheer enormity of what it meant to leave the Earth and land somewhere else."David Ehrlich, IndieWire

Nice saw the trailer to this the other day, glad its as awesome as it looked.

gah

Quote from: emay on March 11, 2019, 11:28:04 AM

That's funny. I JUST watched this trailer before coming to the paug. It's playing tmrw night at the art theater in my neighborhood, one night only, gonna check it out.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Quote from: gah on March 11, 2019, 02:36:31 PM

That's funny. I JUST watched this trailer before coming to the paug. It's playing tmrw night at the art theater in my neighborhood, one night only, gonna check it out.

They started playing it at the Alamo Drafthouses so if there is one in your area check there.

gah

Quote from: emay on March 11, 2019, 03:30:55 PM

They started playing it at the Alamo Drafthouses so if there is one in your area check there.

big ups on the heads up. But closest Alamo is gonna be 3 hours north in dc. I have a feeling the space center or aquarium here that have IMAX theaters will be showing it at some point, so I might wait, it'll def be worth the experience vs seeing it in the old art house theater.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

Free Solo. Simply incredible. Only regret is not seeing it on IMAX.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: gah on March 11, 2019, 04:20:24 PM
Quote from: emay on March 11, 2019, 03:30:55 PM

big ups on the heads up. But closest Alamo is gonna be 3 hours north in dc. I have a feeling the space center or aquarium here that have IMAX theaters will be showing it at some point, so I might wait, it'll def be worth the experience vs seeing it in the old art house theater.

Looking forward to this
First Man is the next film on my On Demand list
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

khalpin

Bohemian Rhapsody

As soon as it was over...."Alexa, play Bohemian Polka".    So good.

cactusfan

The Beach Bum.

It's kind of great.
Not quite as bonkers as Spring Breakers, but highly enjoyable. So to speak.

More words on same:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2019/04/the-beach-bum-review/

mopper_smurf

Finally saw Green Book. Not bad, but predictable as fuck. No wonder the stiffs at the Academy decided to give it not one, not two, but three of those shiny statue thingies.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

The wife dragged me to see The Public yesterday. I would've just slept through it, but there was a noisey 12-13 year old next to me keeping me awake.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.