News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Headphones

Started by flow00, June 04, 2006, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

<rant>

why should we deal with it??  some of us choose to not have children, so why should we have to listen to your whining, crying one?  everyone else deserves to get some peace and quiet on a plane, it's selfish of you to think that we all should just "deal with it" because you decided to have offspring.  not our problem!!  if that means you don't fly, so be it.  shoulda thought ahead before not pulling out!

</rant>
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

PS, yes, i really do feel that way, and yes, i am an asshole.  DEAL WITH IT
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-Phish

jedifunk

thats fine, i respect your opinion... but its totally out of line...

you were a child once... if you werent so focused on yourself, you might realize that, and have a little tolerance...  i'm not saying you should just "deal with it", but just have a little patience, understanding, and a little perspective on the entire situation, not just your own.

i was the same way, but now i've got the ability to see the other side, and see how selfish that was...

thats the problem with our society... me me me... but i digress.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

on topic however:  i have an older pair of phones... technics RP--HT400.  they work just fine for my needs.  a little bulky, but they were never meant to travel.

and since i dont have a good quality stereo (all music is run through my powerbook to speakers wirelessly) i dont know if they are good or bad... but they work.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

yeah, i'm always hesitant to travel with expensive headphone to be honest...  a good, old, comfortable pair works fine most of the time.  that's why i still keep my old Sony MDR-V600's around!  they're a bit bulky, but they certainly get the job done.

i know i'm out of line re: kids, as i don't have any... (that the courts have challenged me on...)  of course you, as a parent, will have a change of heart, but those of us who aren't don't really give a shit what rationale you may have come to.  call us selfish, but we think the opposite side of thinking is just as selfish.  and i know i'm not alone on this...
-Phish

jedifunk

i know your not alone on it either... but i hope you understand that its not a picnic for us on that plane either... in fact, we're sweatin bullets... although, my kid has been great on his 3 flights thus far...

for travel, i'm assuming your using earbuds?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

most of the time, yeah.  the Sony's used to be my staple for traveling, but i love my Shure e4c earbuds - totally block out any sound, and you don't feel them after even 10 hours of use.  i'm sure the e5c are even nicer, as are some of the custom-molded ones my buddy is about to pay a grand for... 
-Phish

jedifunk

nice, i need a good travel pair...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

I think I'm going to have to stop making "tongue in cheek" comments - I'm being taken a bit too seriously.

I know, it's a toss up between who is unhappier, the crying kid, the person being kept awake, and mom & dad trying to deal with it.

Anyway, thanks for the headphone advice.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

flow00

I'm listening to my Grado SR-125's for the first time. Playing is Stash from 8/7/93. I feel like I'm hearing Phish for the first time. Unbelievably full sound. Thanks, Tet, for the great advice! I'm just going to sit here for the next three days and listen to music.  :-D

mattstick

I bought a few pairs of the Sony MDR-7509s for the studio, they're the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

tet

Quote from: flow00 on June 09, 2006, 02:09:38 AM
I'm listening to my Grado SR-125's for the first time. Playing is Stash from 8/7/93. I feel like I'm hearing Phish for the first time. Unbelievably full sound. Thanks, Tet, for the great advice! I'm just going to sit here for the next three days and listen to music.  :-D

awesome!  glad you got them already!! :banana:

some seriously grooving headphones in my opinion, fantastic value for your dollar.
-Phish

jephrey

I think I'm going to ask for some phones for christmas...  I have to stay aware of cost, and the Shure E3Cs are at my limit (found them for about $120).  First, I'm wondering if there's that much of a difference between them and the E2Cs, and then if they are the phone of choice.  This thread discusses others, but I haven't gotten into specs really.  I'm curious on the sonys, but wonder if there's any others out there that anyone likes.  I'm thinking of trying to find something around $60-$80

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

Quote from: jephrey on October 24, 2006, 10:28:55 AM
I think I'm going to ask for some phones for christmas...  I have to stay aware of cost, and the Shure E3Cs are at my limit (found them for about $120).  First, I'm wondering if there's that much of a difference between them and the E2Cs, and then if they are the phone of choice.  This thread discusses others, but I haven't gotten into specs really.  I'm curious on the sonys, but wonder if there's any others out there that anyone likes.  I'm thinking of trying to find something around $60-$80

J

the E3c is significantly better than the E2c, but I'm a big fan of the E4c - i find the bass response is heads and shoulders above the other models. 

if you're really looking at the $60-$80 range, i'd suggest some low-end Grados.  they have the SR-60 for that price at J&R, it seems like they're trying to push them in a more commercial sense.  some of the least expensive hand-made headphones you can buy...
-Phish

Caravan2001

I still rock the mdr-v600 Sony's.....they're my fave.  you can find new ones on ebay for pretty  cheap too....