News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

yousendit, send space

Started by xanadux3, August 23, 2006, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanadux3

Can someone please explain what these programs are all about, I see it in threads here all the time and I would like to take advantage of all these dl but I have 2 questions. 1 do you need special software to download these files and 2 are these files lossless?
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

August

Quote from: xanadux3 on August 23, 2006, 07:16:55 PM
Can someone please explain what these programs are all about, I see it in threads here all the time and I would like to take advantage of all these dl but I have 2 questions. 1 do you need special software to download these files and 2 are these files lossless?

just click on the link provided.
almost always, the files are compressed, like in the Daily Download, so that way they DL rather quickly.
a

Marmar

you can send lossless files.....it's totally up to the person who ups them......

I've used yousendit to send out test tracks for things I've transferred/mastered for others to check out and report back on.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jephrey

Yeah, they're just websites that let you upload anything and then other people can go download it.  There are size restrictions (300M for sendspace) if you want to upload for free.  Give it a try with something like a single track.  You don't even need to supply an email, it'll tell you the web address to get it at when it's finished uploading.

j
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

xanadux3

and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite