News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Olympics 2014

Started by emay, February 07, 2014, 10:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

I'm really looking forward to watching Shawn White this evening.  Given his recent history with injuries and everything, I think this is the first time in at least 8 years that there's any doubt he'll take the gold.  There was talk about him debuting a new trick tonight for the first time in competition.  The same trick that hospitalized him 2 years ago. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: antelope19 on February 11, 2014, 11:18:45 AM
I'm really looking forward to watching Shawn White this evening.  Given his recent history with injuries and everything, I think this is the first time in at least 8 years that there's any doubt he'll take the gold.  There was talk about him debuting a new trick tonight for the first time in competition.  The same trick that hospitalized him 2 years ago.

Can't wait, favorite event in the olympics.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 11, 2014, 11:57:18 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on February 11, 2014, 11:18:45 AM

Can't wait, favorite event in the olympics.

what time does it come on?

sls.stormyrider

if NBC is true to form they will talk about it all night and show it 15 minutes before the end of the coverage
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 12, 2014, 08:41:02 AM
Here's all the Olympic coverage I need to see for the week:
Shaun White, Olympic moments, and mettle without a color
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/shaun-white-olympic-moments-and-mettle-without-a-color/2014/02/11/94fa0968-9354-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html?hpid=z2

That's one hell of a story.  I love Mike Wise.  I really miss him on the radio. 

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 12, 2014, 08:41:02 AM
Here's all the Olympic coverage I need to see for the week:
Shaun White, Olympic moments, and mettle without a color
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/shaun-white-olympic-moments-and-mettle-without-a-color/2014/02/11/94fa0968-9354-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html?hpid=z2

Wow. Thanks for sharing. It got a bit dusty on my bus ride in to work...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

cool story
last week there was a story in the Boston Globe saying what a selfish ass White was for backing out of the slopeside (the decision made perfect sense to me - concentrate on what's important, give someone else a chance to compete).
I guess that author never met him.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for sharing RJ, SW rocks IMO.
Too bad he wasn't able to pull another gold.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Good job girls.

Meghan Agosta with 2 goals on her birthday.  On her birthday in 2010 she scored a hat trick.

Buffalo Budd

:clap:
It was a nail biter there for awhile.

VDB

Nice story. Reminds us that sports is just sports -- winning and losing isn't the most important thing.
Is this still Wombat?