News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

Quote from: mehead on January 04, 2017, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on January 04, 2017, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 04, 2017, 10:08:16 AM
Quote from: mehead on January 04, 2017, 09:30:26 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 04, 2017, 08:08:37 AM
Quote from: zimbra on January 03, 2017, 11:14:13 PM
GF and I are going to dinner then RHCP on Saturday night.

They put on such a great show, enjoy.

Lucky you.  I saw the RHCP once back in 2000. They were awful.  Didn't dig the set list. They kinda just went through the motions.  Hard to explain but they just sucked.  Luckily however, the Foo Fighters opened. I wasn't into them at all at that point but they kicked some serious ass.

Kiedis was still pretty heavily on the junk until the end of 2000 so that makes sense.

caught that tour, too. It was atrocious. They played all their ballads, for the most part. They only song from BSSM played was Under the Bridge - and not one song from anything earlier than that. Basically, it was a worst-case-scenario RHCP show.

That's exactly what it was. Completely opposite of what I was expecting. Atrocious is right!

I shall report back on Sunday.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mopper_smurf

Zappatika tonight. Lots of FZ and their own weird stuff. I love those guys. Three sets and a great selection of alcoholic beverages.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

zimbra

Quote from: zimbra on January 04, 2017, 11:16:24 PM
Quote from: mehead on January 04, 2017, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on January 04, 2017, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 04, 2017, 10:08:16 AM
Quote from: mehead on January 04, 2017, 09:30:26 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 04, 2017, 08:08:37 AM
Quote from: zimbra on January 03, 2017, 11:14:13 PM
GF and I are going to dinner then RHCP on Saturday night.

They put on such a great show, enjoy.

Lucky you.  I saw the RHCP once back in 2000. They were awful.  Didn't dig the set list. They kinda just went through the motions.  Hard to explain but they just sucked.  Luckily however, the Foo Fighters opened. I wasn't into them at all at that point but they kicked some serious ass.

Kiedis was still pretty heavily on the junk until the end of 2000 so that makes sense.

caught that tour, too. It was atrocious. They played all their ballads, for the most part. They only song from BSSM played was Under the Bridge - and not one song from anything earlier than that. Basically, it was a worst-case-scenario RHCP show.

That's exactly what it was. Completely opposite of what I was expecting. Atrocious is right!

I shall report back on Sunday.

I really liked the show, such high energy!  Flea never stopped moving, I mean at one point he was "running" around the stage on his hands.  That one dude can play the guitar too.  Also, one of my friends originally said it but I agree; their little micro jams between songs were probably my favorite part outside of the nostalgia brought on by their classics.  Higher Ground was a dance party.  Also, their light show was pretty freaking cool.

Overall, I'd definitely go again. I paid face value, had a great dinner with the lady prior, then grabbed some drinks with some buddies we ran into walking out of the show. Great night. 

Light show:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

PIE-GUY

That video is awesome... but lol at bitching about 42 songs.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on January 16, 2017, 11:50:48 PM
That video is awesome... but lol at bitching about 42 songs.

He should talk to CK, lulz.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

GBL

So First Ave is opening a new venue over in St. Paul called The Palace Theatre and they are having Phantogram play opening weekend on Sunday, March 12th.

I'm super excited!  Saw Phantogram in the middle of October and had an amazing time.

Stoked!

:wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

JPhishman

3 days away and I'm getting  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:!!

Jamcruise 15

The Original Meters
moe.
Griz
Galactic
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Benevento Russo Duo *
Lettuce
Kamasi Washington
The Revivalists
The Motet
Beats Antique (Live)
Break Science
JoJo's Mardi Gras Band
The Soul Rebels
Twiddle
Dopapod
Turkuaz
Percy Hill
Frequinox *
The Suffers
Lebo & Friends feat. Robert Walter, Jay Lane, Garrett Sayers & Lesley Grant *
Neville Jacobs
Reed Mathis Presents Electric Beethoven feat. Jay Lane, Todd Stoops, Cochrane McMillan & Clay Welch *
The Brothers Comatose
Earphunk
magicgravy
Love Canon
BIG Something
Nikki Glaspie Super Jam *
Everyone Orchestra *
Nathan Moore *
Manic Focus
DJ Soul Sister

* one set

Special Guests:
Steve Kimock
Cyril Neville
Steve Berlin
Mike Dillon
Col Bruce Hampton
Skerik
Katelyn & Laurie Shook of Shook Twins
Roosevelt Collier
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

shoreline99

Just got the news - 2 nights of Avett Brothers at the Cap in May. Also have tix for Trey there in April.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

anthrax

GBL

02/11 Poliça - First Avenue
02/25 The Jauntee - Lee's Liquor Lounge
03/12 Phantogram - The Palace Theater

:wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

4/21-4/23 - Sweetwater 420 Fest
5/27 - Dead & Co.
6/13 - Dead & Co.
7/15 - TTB w/ The Wood Brothers and Hot Tuna