News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Song Pages

Started by sophist, June 09, 2006, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

It seems to go so slow and then I enter something and it seems like I'm making a lot of progress...

Josie Wales is in!

Enjoy Perusing the show dates.  Hey, I bet we could enter Jennifer Dances in a snap  :wink:

I like salt in my gravy...  More bitch :samurai:

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

i'll do Jennifer Dances tonight... as long as i don't have to listen to it!!  :clap:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

2001 category:  Song or CoverSong?

i say Song - it's an "original interpretation of an original interpretation" IMO
-Phish

jephrey

I'm down for that.  Now, since Cities retains the same name, I say CoverSong as 1, it's not a cover of a cover; 2, it retains its name; and 3, the lyrics remain.

That's the only other I can think of that differs so much from the original.

J

Marmar

Have you ever heard the Deodato version.......? It's almost as if they are "covering" the Deodato rendition.....you just can not deny the structure/arrangement and funk elements......they are virtually identical.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

susep

Quote from: tet on December 14, 2006, 07:27:42 PM
2001 category:  Song or CoverSong?

i say Song - it's an "original interpretation of an original interpretation" IMO

cover> if they wrote it, sure.

tet

Quote from: Marmar on December 14, 2006, 09:41:11 PM
Have you ever heard the Deodato version.......? It's almost as if they are "covering" the Deodato rendition.....you just can not deny the structure/arrangement and funk elements......they are virtually identical.

yes, in fact i bought it on iTunes a long time ago.

it's very very similar, but i really think Phish put a bit of a different twist on it.  technically, it's still a cover of someone else's arrangement (the one from the movie) i guess.  so let's call it a CoverSong for now.  it's easy enough to change...
-Phish

jephrey

Fine with me too.  Makes sense. 

J