News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/15 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, August 16, 2011, 01:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Dude.  This is a Phish show.  Like, holy fucking omg.  Best GBOTT of 3.0, best Wolfmans....  TYPE II WOLFMANS!!!!  LIKE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE DILL-FUCK!  Go suck a squeezed pickle bag as Wolfmans melts into space at 8:00 with Pay Jisynth.

like.  dude, go kill yourself, everyone, because this Wolfmans.  rabble rabble rabble RAAWWRRRRRR!!!! TYPE FUCKING II GOD DAMN YOU FUCKING DILLSHITS!!!!!  bahhhhhhhhh

***insert explosionating sound***
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 04, 2011, 01:11:11 AM
Dude.  This is a Phish show.  Like, holy fucking omg.  Best GBOTT of 3.0, best Wolfmans....  TYPE II WOLFMANS!!!!  LIKE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE DILL-FUCK!  Go suck a squeezed pickle bag as Wolfmans melts into space at 8:00 with Pay Jisynth.

like.  dude, go kill yourself, everyone, because this Wolfmans.  rabble rabble rabble RAAWWRRRRRR!!!! TYPE FUCKING II GOD DAMN YOU FUCKING DILLSHITS!!!!!  bahhhhhhhhh

Not sure I understand any of the above words... ("explosionating?")...

but I'm pumped for tonight. This was a special show... and, yes, Heath and I did meet Fish the night before and, yes, I did request Alumni Blues after much egging on from Fish to request something. You will see that Alumni was played because someone wrote it on a huge balloon that kept making its way to the stage... definitely had nothing to do with me, but still a really cool moment.

Also, Fish made me make an anti-request that he absolutely honored. You will notice there was no Sample in a Jar played this entire UIC run. You're all welcome.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

One of gbl's favorite memories of this run was meeting me, right?

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 25, 2020, 09:51:31 AM

but I'm pumped for tonight. This was a special show... and, yes, Heath and I did meet Fish the night before and, yes, I did request Alumni Blues after much egging on from Fish to request something. You will see that Alumni was played because someone wrote it on a huge balloon that kept making its way to the stage... definitely had nothing to do with me, but still a really cool moment.

Also, Fish made me make an anti-request that he absolutely honored. You will notice there was no Sample in a Jar played this entire UIC run. You're all welcome.

How could you not anti-request Fuckerpants?!?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 25, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Two reasons:

1. I would have called it Fuckerpants to his face which I felt weird about.
2. At the time Sample was my most seen song by a long shot and I just kinda hate. Not as much as I hate Fuckerpants, of course... or velveeta cheese.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 25, 2020, 05:59:45 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 25, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Two reasons:

1. I would have called it Fuckerpants to his face which I felt weird about.
2. At the time Sample was my most seen song by a long shot and I just kinda hate. Not as much as I hate Fuckerpants, of course... or velveeta cheese.

How are you ever going to effect meaningful change if you won't say Fuckerpants to Jon Fishman?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on August 25, 2020, 10:55:56 PM
Up there with FYF for the best Undermind ever.

For sure.  At some point I had no idea what song it was, and just assumed it was still Waves  :laugh:

sunrisevt

...was this Undermind jam the one that someone synced up to clips from some 70s hippie-dippy sci-fi movie & posted to YouTube shortly after the show?

B/c that jam owns.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: kellerb on August 25, 2020, 07:21:04 PM
How are you ever going to effect meaningful change if you won't say Fuckerpants to Jon Fishman?

Good chance that was a nickname he had back in the day, he'd be totally confused.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on August 25, 2020, 03:51:29 PM

Yeah, I was all like who's that sweaty half naked dood in the row behind us, bro's looking creepy af..

arf arf arf  :wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

Quote from: GBL on October 05, 2020, 09:54:54 AM

Yeah, I was all like who's that sweaty half naked dood in the row behind us, bro's looking creepy af..

:clap:

emay

Quote from: GBL on October 05, 2020, 09:54:54 AM

:rawk: :rawk: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard