News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on May 30, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: blatboom on March 04, 2009, 04:37:11 PM
are you guys planning on starting a section for New Show reviews?  those that attended could post their experiences and those that can only listen could post reviews of the music..

something in the model of the Show Club board would serve nicely I think...

I'd still like to see this happen now that we got a real tour about to kick off   :-)

yeah, and now that we're past the warm-fuzzy-happy-hampton stuff we can start actually being critical, right?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

kellerb

Quote from: VA slim on May 30, 2009, 06:46:51 PM
are you guys planning on starting a section for New Show reviews?  those that attended could post their experiences and those that can only listen could post reviews of the music..

I'd still like to see this happen now that we got a real tour about to kick off   :-)

yeah, and now that we're past the warm-fuzzy-happy-hampton stuff we can start actually being critical, right?

On the contrary, I have my ear-funnel ready to be pissed in, both live, and via glowing reviews:

Fenway:

Set 1:

Velvet Sea -> Time Turns Elastic (vocal portions only) -> mist

Set 2: Jennifer Dances -> Bouncin' -> Jennifer Dances

E: Friday

Review: "Two 70-minute orgasms followed by a 6-minute orgasm.  Also, Boston contains the friendliest, most open-minded citizens in the country, regardless of what sports-team is on your shirt when you're in their city."

thechad

Quote from: kellerb on May 31, 2009, 01:24:15 AM
Also, Boston contains the friendliest, most open-minded citizens in the country, regardless of what sports-team is on your shirt when you're in their city."

Going to be at GW sporting my Yankee's hat, possibly a Babe Ruth or Don Mattingly t-shirt.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

kellerb

Quote from: thechad on May 31, 2009, 03:12:09 AM
Also, Boston contains the friendliest, most open-minded citizens in the country, regardless of what sports-team is on your shirt when you're in their city."

Going to be at GW sporting my Yankee's hat, possibly a Babe Ruth or Don Mattingly t-shirt.

wear a cup

thechad

Quote from: kellerb on May 31, 2009, 03:19:15 AM
Quote from: thechad on May 31, 2009, 03:12:09 AM

wear a cup
F@*k 'em if they can't take a joke.  :-D
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Hicks

midget puhleeze, I never stopped.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

On the contrary, I have my ear-funnel ready to be pissed in, both live, and via glowing reviews:

Fenway:

Set 1:

Velvet Sea -> Time Turns Elastic (vocal portions only) -> mist

Set 2: Jennifer Dances -> Bouncin' -> Jennifer Dances

E: Friday

Review: "Two 70-minute orgasms followed by a 6-minute orgasm.  Also, Boston contains the friendliest, most open-minded citizens in the country, regardless of what sports-team is on your shirt when you're in their city."

:lol:

Keller bro, you musta had a helluva cup of coffee to day, because you're killin me with these posts!  8-)

guyforget

ok, so what do we want, a dedicated place to discuss each show?  Another child board along w/ the roll calls?
-AD_

VA $l!m

Quote from: guyforget on May 31, 2009, 01:05:36 PM
ok, so what do we want, a dedicated place to discuss each show?  Another child board along w/ the roll calls?

tough call on what will work best, but a child board would suffice i'd think.

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on May 31, 2009, 01:16:39 PM
Quote from: guyforget on May 31, 2009, 01:05:36 PM

tough call on what will work best, but a child board would suffice i'd think.

definitely.  hopefully we can keep the thread titles uniform in nature so it looks classy  8-)

khalpin

Maybe there's a way to do this that I'm unaware of, but it'd be nice to be able to search an individual thread, or maybe a "see all posts by username xxxxx  in this thread".  It can be tough to search for a post in a 40 page thread.  I don't know if the search function is customizable, though.  Or if anyone else knows of a more effective way to use the search function, I'd be curious to hear it.

guyforget

Quote from: khalpin on July 03, 2009, 03:51:20 PM
Maybe there's a way to do this that I'm unaware of, but it'd be nice to be able to search an individual thread, or maybe a "see all posts by username xxxxx  in this thread".  It can be tough to search for a post in a 40 page thread.  I don't know if the search function is customizable, though.  Or if anyone else knows of a more effective way to use the search function, I'd be curious to hear it.

i dont know of a way to search for posts by person in a certain thread...

BUT

you can very easily search within a single thread by opening the thread and using the search box at the top of the page.  if you do it like that, it will only search within the thread.  likewise, if youre in an individual forum and use the search box at the top of the page it will only search that individual forum.  its kinda weird, and people have lots of complaints about the confusing search function in SMF but once you get used to how it works its actually pretty functional. 

-AD_

blatboom

Quote from: guyforget on July 03, 2009, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: khalpin on July 03, 2009, 03:51:20 PM

i dont know of a way to search for posts by person in a certain thread...

BUT

you can very easily search within a single thread by opening the thread and using the search box at the top of the page.  if you do it like that, it will only search within the thread.  likewise, if youre in an individual forum and use the search box at the top of the page it will only search that individual forum.  its kinda weird, and people have lots of complaints about the confusing search function in SMF but once you get used to how it works its actually pretty functional. 

I just learned something, thanks.

what's the deal with youtube imbedding?

guyforget

the youtube plugin broke w/ the latest upgrade.  plugins and addons dont usually get updated as quickly as the forums software itself, so the plugins gotta catch up every time the forums get updated.  im not sure if its been updated for this version yet or not, maybe ill look into it next week. 
-AD_

blatboom

Quote from: guyforget on July 03, 2009, 11:53:25 PM
the youtube plugin broke w/ the latest upgrade.  plugins and addons dont usually get updated as quickly as the forums software itself, so the plugins gotta catch up every time the forums get updated.  im not sure if its been updated for this version yet or not, maybe ill look into it next week. 

good deal.. just curious.