News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/29 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 29, 2010, 11:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

listened to most of the 1st set.
on moma now.

seems like more flubs than usual.
...but that's only cuz i wasn't there, right?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

burmesepython

Quote from: qop24 on October 30, 2010, 02:30:08 AM
Quote from: whatapiper on October 30, 2010, 02:28:49 AM
aside from the transition I'm really liking this Sand> Carini  :rawk:

def. a highlight of the show right there

was the best thing I heard from the night... mellow versions of both (not dark at all)... but tasty for sure. I actually thought the segue worked well... cool jam they worked out of Sand when it almost seemed to have petered out around the 10 min mark... picked back up and worked into Carini... which again didn't get dark but had a really nice groove to it.

sunrisevt

Quote from: redrum on October 30, 2010, 04:19:57 AM
listened to most of the 1st set.
on moma now.

seems like more flubs than usual.
...but that's only cuz i wasn't there, right?

Pretty much. Flubs only bothered me during Rift; Trey focused and  managed to pull off the second half, mostly.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

First time all tour that I didn't wake up a little early to dl the show before heading off to work. I'll be grabbing it after work and listening to the few spots that you guys are saying 'stood out'. and then I'm off to rage a halloween party Joker-style!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

whatapiper

i thought everything leading up to the transition into Carini was great, but the actual > was a little rough, again Cities was fun

and yes, i can't wait to hear first hand the night that was had chasing tranny cougars
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

PIE-GUY

Besides what's already been mentioned in this thread, I'd like to point out a couple other highlights. First, the Corrina was beautiful. One of my problems with 3.0 trey has been his mangling of this type of solo. Here he was nearly perfect. Probably the most tasteful trey solo I've seen in years.

Second, the Slave was freakin solid. Slaves and Hoods have come a long way this fall, imo.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Good times last night.

Cities was the best song played in the first set - the segue into Cities was not brilliant but inspired, during Cities CK5 utilized some extra lighting in the ceiling - very cool.

The venue is great, as wide open as any show with reserved seating as I've ever seen - no ticket checks onto the floor, and nobody checking tickets into the different sections.  I was able to watch form Fish-side center court for the first set and see the second set from sweet spot beside CK5 which was busy but not packed.

The Sand went some pretty cool places, and then the post-Carini jam touched on those places again for a minute or two.

Piper > Theme > Golgi > Slave > Fluffhead was nicely executed.

Loving Cup was a nice little throwback to Festival 8 last year.

The shakedown scene on the Boardwalk after the show was out of control.

Undermind

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 30, 2010, 10:46:15 AM
Besides what's already been mentioned in this thread, I'd like to point out a couple other highlights. First, the Corrina was beautiful. One of my problems with 3.0 trey has been his mangling of this type of solo. Here he was nearly perfect. Probably the most tasteful trey solo I've seen in years.

Second, the Slave was freakin solid. Slaves and Hoods have come a long way this fall, imo.

I agree with out a doubt on the Slaves and the Hoods.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mehead

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 30, 2010, 01:54:02 PM
AC is a wiiiilllld place. I think I like it here :wtu:

keep thinking about it  :wink:

the > into Carini is painful but I do like where Carini went..they have really started to experiment w/ this tune..me likey
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 30, 2010, 02:13:37 PM
I shutter to think what vegas would do to wtu.
you "device that allows light to pass for a determined period of time"? Hmm
That alone makes me shudder :mrgreen:
Paug FTMFW!

Multibeast12

Just checked out the Pictures on FB. and Dam i wish i was at these shows.

UncleEbinezer

Fun times were had last night.  I enjoyed myself quite a bit and it was great catching up with a bunch of people.

CK5 was on point.  Jackolanterns were formed on the tramps.  Pretty sweet looking.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..