News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-06-14 Bonnaroo - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, June 15, 2019, 10:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2019-06-14 Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN

Carini > Down with Disease[1] > Say it to Me S.A.N.T.O.S., Everything's Right > Mercury > Tweezer > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Steam, Martian Monster, More > Harry Hood > Character Zero

ENCORE: Possum > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Unfinished

Hicks

Definitely an above average festival set. 

Check out the Everything's Right, Tweezer and Hood if you haven't yet. Especially the Tweezer which has some very tight, concise jamming. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

I stayed up for this. Thought I’d crash out early but they were really playing for this set.  The jams only went so far which, I suspect is a minor festival effect but, overall... pretty strong for a fest and better than average for this early in a 3.0 Phish tour.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2019, 10:56:35 PM
I stayed up for this. Thought I'd crash out early but they were really playing for this set.  The jams only went so far which, I suspect is a minor festival effect but, overall... pretty strong for a fest and better than average for this early in a 3.0 Phish tour.

So if I was to make a review of this set, it would be what he said.  Really enjoyed it.

shoreline99

https://twitter.com/jiggslikesphish/status/1139867200544759808

Can't get the tweet to link from my phone.

ETA: Also, don't think Trey has his tone dialed in? Listen to that sustaining note in Hood on a pair of headphones.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2019, 10:49:43 PM

Check out the Everything's Right, Tweezer and Hood if you haven't yet. Especially the Tweezer which has some very tight, concise jamming.

The Tweezer is schizo. I had to check my app to make sure it was the same song. The length of that version is not indicative of all it contains.
But, jam of the set goes to ER for me.
Very interested in tonight's show, am curious if the atypical jams of Stash from 6/11 (very good) and Hood from 6/14 (not very good) continue. I appreciate they are thinking this way....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on June 16, 2019, 02:18:31 PM

The Tweezer is schizo. I had to check my app to make sure it was the same song. The length of that version is not indicative of all it contains.
Very interested in tonight's show, am curious if the atypical jams of Stash from 6/11 (very good) and Hood from 6/14 (not very good) continue. I appreciate they are thinking this way....

To me it sounds like Mike forgot what they were playing and he started playing Sand.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Yeah composed section wasn't great, but once they hit that major jam toward the end, lift off = achieved!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

shoreline99

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 16, 2019, 02:35:18 PM

To me it sounds like Mike forgot what they were playing and he started playing Sand.

On second listen, this is entirely plausible
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VDB

I think I'll declare this one the better of the Bonnaroo nights.

And man, Trey's chops have been better this tour than they have in a long while.
Is this still Wombat?