News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Breakin Bad on AMC

Started by VA $l!m, April 06, 2009, 12:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Another great episode last night.  The last episode of the season is going to be intense!
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VA $l!m

Quote from: Sophist on May 25, 2009, 10:24:30 AM
Another great episode last night.  The last episode of the season is going to be intense!

yeah, what a unreal epi.
though i wasnt a big fan of the ending... i mean, that sorta shit happening just like that is a pretty small %, not very realistic, but it def. served as a good plot twist.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sophist

Quote from: VA slim on May 25, 2009, 12:02:20 PM

yeah, what a unreal epi.
though i wasnt a big fan of the ending... i mean, that sorta shit happening just like that is a pretty small %, not very realistic, but it def. served as a good plot twist.
I agree.  He mugged the shit out of her as she was choking. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VA $l!m

Quote from: Sophist on May 25, 2009, 12:24:38 PM

yeah, what a unreal epi.

thats the genius of a good actor, being able to convey emotion without words.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Rift

Quote from: VA slim on May 25, 2009, 01:24:05 PM
Quote from: Sophist on May 25, 2009, 12:24:38 PM

yeah, what a unreal epi.

thats the genius of a good actor, being able to convey emotion without words.

Agreed. Last night's episode was the best yet of the season, imho. Twisted, gripping, sad and light-hearted as well with the birth of his new baby. Hard to believe they can squeeze so many emotions into 45 minutes worth of drama. Crazy shit. Next week is going to be very interesting.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

cactusfan

keeb333

Yeah, I couldn't decide if he really wanted her to die, or if he was panicked and didn't know to roll her over...the anguish on his face in the last scene was f'd up!  Also, the irony of Walt drinking with Jane's dad right before she OD's...so twisted!

I can't wait to see how this plays out!  Is he going to jack the cash and leave Jesse with a dead body to clean up?  He touched several things in that house (notably the needle and the doorknob), so I'm guessing that fingerprints will become an issue.

sophist

Quote from: keeb333 on May 26, 2009, 12:56:35 PM
Yeah, I couldn't decide if he really wanted her to die, or if he was panicked and didn't know to roll her over...the anguish on his face in the last scene was f'd up!  Also, the irony of Walt drinking with Jane's dad right before she OD's...so twisted!

I can't wait to see how this plays out!  Is he going to jack the cash and leave Jesse with a dead body to clean up?  He touched several things in that house (notably the needle and the doorknob), so I'm guessing that fingerprints will become an issue.

perhaps that will come into play, but I just see that as too predictable. 

keeb333

maybe, but they seemed to make a point of showing him picking the needle up right before she kicked it.  I agree that the fingerprint issue, per se, is predictable, but how Walt will try and cover his tracks is not!

Rift

Quote from: keeb333 on May 26, 2009, 02:52:27 PM
maybe, but they seemed to make a point of showing him picking the needle up right before she kicked it.  I agree that the fingerprint issue, per se, is predictable, but how Walt will try and cover his tracks is not!

Regardless of his fingerprints on the needle, etc... if he had touched her while she was choking, his fingerprints would have been on her. Cops wouldn't take prints from the needle because both users were present thus nixing that out. However, had Walt's prints or even a hair of his been on her he would be nailed.

I don't know that I could have not touched her. He's a genius chemist. He knew she was choking on her own vomit. And I doubt he would have cried if he didn't care to save a life. That's the power of this show. He's in so deep he probably couldn't even save himself.

Quote from: cactusfan on May 26, 2009, 02:55:31 AM
damn. that was EVIL.

Straight up wicked.  :-o
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

cactusfan

i think it's very clear that he let her die. that's the EVIL part. it was in his best interest that she be out of the way. that's why there was the earlier exchange he had with her when he handed over the money and said 'how do i know you still won't go to the cops?'

picking up the needle was simply to make sure we knew that he knew they were on heroin.

and as far as it being a rare occurance for someone to die that way-- the show is called Breaking Bad, remember.

the real question, based on the intro a few episodes back, is who are the two corpses next to walt's totaled car?

sunrisevt

Straight-up cold-blooded.

Like, lizard-people style.

This is the best show on right now, maybe ever.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

Quote from: cactusfan on May 26, 2009, 08:52:13 PM
i think it's very clear that he let her die. that's the EVIL part. it was in his best interest that she be out of the way. that's why there was the earlier exchange he had with her when he handed over the money and said 'how do i know you still won't go to the cops?'

picking up the needle was simply to make sure we knew that he knew they were on heroin.

and as far as it being a rare occurance for someone to die that way-- the show is called Breaking Bad, remember.

the real question, based on the intro a few episodes back, is who are the two corpses next to walt's totaled car?

Last week's intro had more of that creepy foreshadowing scene--there's at least one bullet hole in the windsheild of Walt's Aztec minivan or whatever it is...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Rift

Quote from: cactusfan on May 26, 2009, 08:52:13 PM

I have a feeling we're going to find out this Sunday night. Unless of course they drag it into next season which would really suck!!!

Rift

Yet another heavy duty episode. Not what I expected for a season closer... especially the very end.  :-o

Next season = shit hits fan, big time