News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

this is what happens on the wrong side of the river...

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, June 05, 2007, 05:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i live where 3 states meet; so pretty much within 20 minutes you're in one of the three.
this is the kind of shit that happens here with the cops ALL the time.
just last year... 8 of our city policemen had to be let go due to soliciting young girls...
basically getting head from underage girls they pulled over.... heh, only in KY :)

this is from across the river tho, in ohio....

IRONTON — The body of a South Shore man who went into the Ohio River while evading police early Saturday morning was found Sunday afternoon.

Aaron Roe, 23, was found not far from where he entered the river, just off the Ohio bank near the Fuzzy Duck bar in Ironton.

He was found at about 1 p.m. Sunday, nearly 36 hours after he went into the river.

Roe was with friends at the Fuzzy Duck in Ironton in the early morning hours Saturday, watching a band perform. Ironton police said they received two calls from the bar concerning disorderly conduct and, that when they arrived, Roe was identified as being part of the problem.

Friend Tim Young, who was with Roe at the time, said management at the bar was concerned a fight might break out.

"There wasn't going to be a fight," Young said. "And the police didn't even approach the guy causing the most trouble."

Ironton Police Chief James Carey said officers tried to arrest Roe, but the man fled the bar and went into the river.

"They were trying to calm him down," Carey said. "I would say what happened is he realized he was going to be arrested and he tried to get away."

Police said alcohol was involved in the incident, and Young admitted Roe had been drinking.

"I don't know if he was drunk," Young said. "I guess the only one who can tell us that now is the coroner."

Young told a different story about how his friend ended up in the river, saying police used a stun gun on Roe, causing him to stumble down the bank and into the water.

Young said he and Roe's brother, Allen, tried to go into the river after Roe, but they were restrained by police, put in handcuffs and placed in the back of a cruiser.

"We basically had to watch someone we love drown from the back of a police car," Young said. "The police just sat there and watched him drown, too."

Carey said Young and Allen Roe were restrained because if they had gone into the river, authorities would have ended up having to save three people. He said the officers didn't go into the water because it was too dangerous. Instead, they tried to coax Aaron Roe back to the shore.

"You've got one guy in the water and other people trying to go in and there's alcohol involved; it could have gotten even worse," Carey said.

Aaron Roe's body has been sent to the medical examiner's office for autopsy.

Carey said the man was wearing heavy boots and was fully clothed. He also apparently had some heavy objects in his pockets.

"That would make it pretty difficult to swim, especially in the river," Carey said.

Young still holds he and Allen Roe could have saved Aaron.

Although authorities called off the search at 4 p.m. Saturday, Young, other friends and the Roe family continued to look for Aaron.

Young said he is devastated by the loss of his friend.

"He was an awesome guy; a great person, a great friend, a great musician," he said. "He was full of life, and what happened out here is just inhumane."

Carey said the incident remains under investigation by the Ironton Police Department.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Itsnotanexperience

why's he running into a river of all things if he wasn't really guilty of anything?
i mean, that's russian roulette right there.

sucks.......but still.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on June 05, 2007, 05:22:01 PM
why's he running into a river of all things if he wasn't really guilty of anything?
i mean, that's russian roulette right there.

sucks.......but still.

because cops here are dicks to you.
no matter what.

guilty or not. the ironton cops are not enjoyable either way.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫