News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HOCKEY SEASON!!!!!

Started by antelope19, September 29, 2006, 10:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

I just got back from the Caps/Flyers Pre season game. I must admit, I wasn't expecting much, and I hadn't been to a game in years.  However, we got into the MCI/Verizon center for 9 bucks, and snuck down.  The place was relatively empty.  We had an absolute blast!!!!  I am offially psyched for hockey season!!!!!  Ovechkin (sp?) is the friggin MAN!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

cleech74

You see the tilt between Ovechkin and Richards?  :beers:

Oct. 4 could not come sooner.

Comcast broadcasts some games on-line.  Living in Baltimore, there's no market.  I get Caps games and a few sparse games on OLN (funny, I thought hockey was played inside a building).  Caught a few playoff games on-line last year, hoping they'll continue that this year.  No sound on the commercials either. :-D
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

mattstick

Do you have to sign-up to watch games on Comcast?

It's gonna be tough spending a hockey season in Scotland, I'd love to watch some games on-line.

tet

you can at least listen to them on NHL.com, but i'm sure that's not much solace... 

can't wait for the puck to drop!!! :banana:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

cleech74

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2006, 08:58:43 AM

Do you have to sign-up to watch games on Comcast?

It's gonna be tough spending a hockey season in Scotland, I'd love to watch some games on-line.

Don't think so.  I just went to the Comcast Home Page, and looked under Sports/NHL.  Since I only learned about this at the end of last season, I'm curious to see how this all unfolds.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Alumni

lots of college hockey games are webcast - many of them free of charge. Try it and find out why some of us hockey nuts haven't watched an NHL game in years  :mrgreen:
Cause I got a degree

ucusty

going to banner night go canes!!!!

cleech74

It's on, Bitches.  The greatest game on two feet is alive, again. :beers: :-D

mattstick

Things are good in Leafs Nation! (despite some key injuries)

tet

Quote from: mattstick on November 15, 2006, 12:37:48 PM
Things are good in Leafs Nation! (despite some key injuries)

haven't been following the Leafs status much, any more "orbital bone" injuries??  i was yelling at Sundin the whole Devs-Leafs game last month...   :evil:
-Phish

mattstick

Sundin is out with a shoulder injury I think, and Raycroft is going to miss the next 2 games apparently.

Tampa/Montreal is on at 1:30am here tonight, I think I may stay up and watch.

tet

Quote from: mattstick on November 15, 2006, 01:01:28 PM
Sundin is out with a shoulder injury I think, and Raycroft is going to miss the next 2 games apparently.

Tampa/Montreal is on at 1:30am here tonight, I think I may stay up and watch.

cool, i love how the BBC broadcasts live US sporting events like hockey and football - i caught part of the MNF game last week!!  wish i had known that they did the Sunday nite game as well or i would have stayed up, cause that was one hell of a matchup (Colts-Pats).

too bad aboot Sundin, eh?   :mrgreen:
-Phish

mattstick

Leafs/Sabres re-match tonight!

GO LEAFS GO!

cleech74

Thread revival.  I didn't know where to put this, but here goes.  This is silly.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/6491548?MSNHPHMA

tet

that is silly.

even sillier is that the Rangers' Avery thinks he can push around Brodeur as he wants.  uh-uh.  look for some serious head pounding tomorrow nite at the Garden!!
-Phish